Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Hey all,

Camera has worked perfectly for a year. Did nothing to it and all of the sudden it's no longer accessible through the app, and the light is solid amber.

Removed from my devices and did a factory reset (held in paperclip for 10 seconds), and nothing changes. Solid amber, can't get it to turn blue when syncing nor will it read QR.

Have tried draining the battery, turning on and off the bottom switch, while charging and not. Can not get anywhere!

Help

Thanks
93 REPLIES 93
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
I still have an amber light, I’ve tried everything you suggest nothing will change. : /
normen
Star
Star

@shawnao wrote:
I still have an amber light, I’ve tried everything you suggest nothing will change. : /

I had to restart the camera, tried it again and this time it was in amber mode for about 4 hours before it went to normal again.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Crazy I can’t even get it to restart I can only power it off or on. The amber light is consistent. Not giving up hope!
normen
Star
Star

@shawnao wrote:
Crazy I can’t even get it to restart I can only power it off or on. The amber light is consistent. Not giving up hope!

Yeah, thats what I meant by "restarting" - powering off and then on again.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Tried again in solidarity. Still amber, here’s hoping.
normen
Star
Star

Still nothing. Amazing how they just sit it out. Conspiracy confirmed.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Insane mine is still Amber and unresponsive
MartinVolek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have the same problem with serial number 582-87-320. Is any chance to fix it? 🙏 Thank you in advance.
MartinVolek
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. What about your cam? Any change?
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Martin. No change on my end, I try everyday with a power down but nothing changes. I own 3 of these cameras for my 2 kids, I’ve never had this problem before. I hope ARLO can help us resolve but since my camera is not within the warranty period I can’t even make contact with customer care. Talk about abandoning your customers!
normen
Star
Star

Still waiting. I can get my cam to work the way I described but I can also pretty reliably get it to orange mode by simply rebooting it via the app.

normen
Star
Star

So I have been contacted by a "technician" who scheduled multiple zoom meetings with me just to cancel them on the day they were supposed to happen. Apparently he has to "get an Arlo Baby from the office" which seems to be quite the hurdle.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
I have an Arlo baby cam with a solid amber light that I am happy to send to the technician!
normen
Star
Star

Right. So I actually had a Zoom conversation with somebody. They let me demonstrate the issue by rebooting the camera. As expected the camera went into amber mode on reboot and stayed there, I even showed the Arlo Baby in its amber state via video. Then they connected me via WhatsApp so I could report when the camera would be going from amber to blue. After I saw the camera was in its blue state I sent a message and heres the conclusion of the "technician":

"That's two hours"

So now I know it took two hours for the camera to boot. Fantastic. I could have just as well explained it to my mum.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Hi Normen. Sorry to hear this, my camera still won’t boot so not sure what the conclusion is for that. 2 hours, 4 hours, 3 days it makes no difference it is only ever AMBER
snakemittens
Initiate
Initiate

Hey same behaviour here - just goes into a never ending amber state.  Would appreciate some support too @JessicaP 

Outrageous that there's no avenue for support other than to post on the form or subscribe to some premium service!

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue, so frustrating. Maybe this is why they have discontinued the baby camera? But you can’t abandon us right? Right?! Maybe they need a recycling program if that is the case.
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS from Arlo support contacted me through private message to request I send a log of the problem to Arlo technicians. Well I can’t send a log because based on instructions within the Arlo support articles I have removed the camera from the Arlo app and cannot reconnect it because it’s stuck with this AMBER light on. I then get an email telling me the case is closed and that available support is only available to me through the “Arlo chatbot, the Arlo Community, and the Arlo support site”. Arlo needs to start a recycling program for all the products and customers they are abandoning. This is a real problem that multiple customers are experiencing why wouldn’t they want to get to the bottom of it and update their articles?!
jendaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do not recommend this product for monitoring vulnerable babies. It has been a significant waste of money, time and effort. It disconnects multiple times per day, the Arlo app can’t find the camera, the sound switches on and off, the alerts don’t come through as you establish. I spent days trying to link the camera to the Arlo app and after endless failure and reading every troubleshooting instruction I could find, I opted to link straight to Apple Home. This only offers half the features of the Arlo app but at least it would occasionally work. I bought this to monitor my baby for medical reasons as he has cerebral palsy and epilepsy but it has not worked at all. If anything it has made me more anxious as it is unreliable. If you’re a parent of a child with disabilities then I can’t recommend the Arlo Baby. It seems I’m not the only parent in this boat. Has anyone figured out the connection issues?
mellyi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Argh, how devastating to notice that you all have the same problem as I am... And it seems like the problem isn't going to be solved any time soon. Arlo Baby has been solid amber for 3 days now and nothing can be done.

Honestly I have NEVER seen a device which doesn't react to reset button at all.

Also Baby monitoring camera is maybe the worst camera to stop working, I really have to buy alternative one if the troubleshooting from arlo technicians is at this state.

shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Totally agree this is one device you really want to rely on. I liked this camera so much I have 3 but now one is totally useless.
JohnEBlaze
Initiate
Initiate

After a RMA and 3 total years of the Arlo Baby not functioning as it was marketed it's extremely clear this was just a minimum viable product to steal $350+ from consumers.  This device was marketed as a baby monitor, however it's not reliable, and is actually a paper weight with an orange flashing LED.

Post after post on this forum outlines a systemic issue of random disconnects no matter the environment the camera resides in.  Reboots, static IPs, resets, and everything else doesn't fix the problem.  Support is basically non-existent looking like Arlo staff supporting customers have no solution provided by corporate.

So the question is how do I get a working device or how do I get my money back?  Do I start directly messaging Arlo executives on LinkedIn since nothing else is working?  I was sold snake oil and not a baby camera.  Is the next step for us to band together to take legal action since Arlo shows they couldn't care less about the safety of our children...

Arlo Support - What do we as burned consumers do at this point?

JohnEBlaze
Initiate
Initiate

I concur. 

It's a broken product that was backed by false marketing.

3 years and it never worked as intended.  I've literally reset and reconfigured mine over 150+ times.  The only reason I deal with it is because it was over $350.  This is extremely sad considering a $70 monitor is more reliable.  

Hallieciochetty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I continue to have reoccurring baby monitor issues. I am unable to contact support and am very frustrated. I’ve seen other have had the similar issues where the camera won’t connect and the LED light stays solid amber. I need someone to contact me ASAP to come up with a good resolution.
shawnao
Tutor
Tutor
Did anyone reply on Linked In? My husband is begging me to throw the camera out, it’s been 4 months of solid AMBER light and not even worth the space of a paper weight.