Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby not connecting to same network - help

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Raffaele-nx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have Arlo Baby ABC1000 for the past year, brand new camera, Iphone and Mac updated to last versions, same network all the time, I have only one router, the camera  most of time working fine, except random problems caused from new firmwares here and there, like the last big one was the "no sound" situation, then was fixed so all good.

Today the camera give me the problem of  reconnecting to the network, (flickering orange) I had this issue before several time during tha past year, but after few attempt normally start to work again, but today I did everything possible: reconfiguring network in the Arlo app, name network, password, reset 10 seconds, after chimes restart app, read and tried for almost 2 hours every solutions possibile here in the community, my network and password are always the same for the past 4 years, every phone or computer around the house has the same network, and in every device had always worked fine.

I arrived at the conclusion that the camera has issue with the procedure itself, lot of people encounter the same issue, something wrong at software level, is just not possibile that doing everything right on multiple devices the matching fails. after that it chimes the searching it runs forever, then give the message "camera not found" or "network not found". all of this in front of the router, I mean 70cm from the router, how it can be?

Any suggestions or ideas to solve this issue are welcome, I need this thing running before my wife kick out the camera and myself out on the street. =D

Thanks for your time.

Cheers Raf

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you perform a Factory reset with a small clip or a reboot of 10 seconds? 

Raffaele-nx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shaynes,

thank you for your reply, yes I tried 4 times the 10 seconds reset, anything I try to do, it will bring me at the end with the message: device not found, try again.

It's very wierd becase for the past 10 months everything was pretty good, how I said, it happen during this time that for some reason the camera loose network and password form the settings, but after a couple of shots it was ok again, but not this time.

I left the camera off from that day,  now I will try another time, let see if it will work.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks Raf

Raffaele-nx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi shaynes,

So, I just tried 2 times now to do the 10 seconds reset and... nothing. 

The camera restart, follow the procedure, blue light filcker for a minute and it ends with the down sound, flashing orange again.

Maybe is just my camera that is faulty, but is kind of surprising after only 10 months use, I was hoping to at least a couple of year use.

note for the next App update:

"The QR code on the app is too small for be easily detected form the camera, most of time fails that part, so I'm doing the procedure form the computer where the detection of the QR code it happens almost immediately. " 

cheers Raf.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

ruismesquita
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, after the chimer of the qr code it does not find my baby camara

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ruismesquita

Have you tried to reboot the Arlo Baby Camera? Can you try and complete this process on a pc. 

Gneagle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi can you make the outcome of your case for Shaynes available to community please?
I have the exact same issues and have tried the same fixes to no avail.
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gneagle

What is the issue you are experiencing?. I will be happy to try and assist you.

Gneagle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Same issues as Raf above.

I've installed the monitor in the past successfully, but I deleted it and now can't get it back on the network.

I've tried all the above suggestions, 10 sec reset, factory reboot etc.. It gets to the stage where I scan the QR code and it chimes successfully, but then it fails to locate the monitor.

Futher suggestions?

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gneagle

Have you tried to reboot your modem/router and retry the setup process with the Baby Monitor.

Gneagle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi yes I have tried. No luck.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gneagle

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue. I have provided the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

Kmorrislissette
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue and when I try to star a live chat to get support I just get a blank page...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are also phone numbers to call for various countries.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation