Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby no longer records at night

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kas12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have an issue that has popped up recently. I have two Arlo Baby cameras and both have stopped recording over night. Usually between 11:30pm and 1am EST. I have a recording of 5 minutes and 5 seconds (sometimes two or three times) and then nothing until around 7:30am. I know it is not recording as people have gone into my son’s room during that time or he has woken up but still no recordings (plus notifications still work throughout the night).

for the first 2 years while the camera worked I had it on Monitoring On mode (to record on sound and movement for as long as the alert is active). I have tried different scheduling modes without success. I have also tried using both a 2.4G wifi and mesh wifi system.

I suspect the problem originated with the October firmware update. My other Arlo cameras connected to the base record without issue.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine, it is very important that I am able to see what happens in my son’s room overnight.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried rebooting or resetting your camera? 

Kas12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

Yes I have removing the cameras and reinstalling as well as factory reset. I have also tried switching Arlo charging cables.  I have two Arlo Baby Cameras and the issue persists on both. I am almost certain it started with the most recent firmware update in mid-October.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When does it stop recording? Is it a specific time? Do you have a schedule setup? Can you see the IR LEDs when armed at night? 

Kas12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried with “Monitoring On” and “Schedule” but the problem persists. It usually stops around midnight EST where I will get one or two videos saved for 5:05 (which is odd because the max recording time is 300 seconds). Then the next video I get is around 7am. I continue to receive sound and motion alerts throughout the night. I can still access the live view of the camera as well it just won’t record.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation