Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby issue with the white noise

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LHigdon
Follower
Follower

I ordered the Arlo Baby camera on May 4th of 2017. The camera was working excellent. It was meeting all our needs. Then in December of 2017, a patch (firmware update) was deployed that caused an issue with the white noise function of the camera.

We let the white noise loop at night to drown out any background noise while our baby sleeps. This had been working great until the update. After the update, the sound would loop, but ever 45 minutes to an hour it would jump high in volume for about 3 seconds then settle back down. Luckily this did not seem to both the little one, but I thought I should get it corrected before it did.

I created a support request in December of 2017. They had me do the normal things like reboot, move the camera, try a different sound. None of that worked. They even sent out a new camera and the issue happened with the new device. Then they bumped this up to the next level of support. A few firmware updates had been deployed since then and the issue got worse. It went from the sound spike to a complete break in the sound prior to the spike for about 2 sounds, then the sound spike. Which I let them know.

May rolled around and I thought I had been patient enough. I called and requested to speak to a manager. I was put on hold for 20 minutes. Then I was told that a manager was unavailable and that one would call me back. It is now June 18th, 2018 and the issue is still happening. The only thing they have fixed is break in the sound. I have yet to be contacted by a manger. 

Last but not least, my ticket has dissappeard from the system! 

Anyone else had an issue like this?

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LHigdon,

I'd like to take a closer look at your support ticket and escalate if needed. Please send me a private message with the email address you use to log in to your Arlo account along with your support ticket number.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation