Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby homekit Live Streaming

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Duder07
Initiate
Initiate

I know HomeKit support for the Arlo Baby was just added yesterday, but I was curious if anyone else has run into this issue.  When I am viewing either of my Arlo Baby monitor in the HomeKit app, it gives me screenshots that refresh every 10 seconds (which is fine).  However, it will not let me live strem through the HomeKit app.  When i click on the camera to expand, i get a message that says "Camera Not Available.  This camera is being viewed by someone else".  even when i dont have other devices running the Arlo app, i can not get a live stream feed in homekit.  Also, it would be great if the multi camera view would livesrtream both cameras simultaniously, but that may be a limitation that either Apple or Arlo has put in place on purpose. 

help!?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duder07,

Try restarting your Arlo Baby cam and attempt the stream again, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Duder07
Initiate
Initiate
James,

I did a power cycle, and just when I thought it solved the problem, it appears to still do the same thing. I believe the problem to the fact that Arlo does not allow a user to stream the same camera to multiple displays (or mobile devices). Even though I created multiple “users” so both my wife and I could view our cameras on both our phones as well as iPads that we use as monitors that stay on 80% of the time. If any single one of these devices is running the Arlo app, the HomeKit Integrarion will not let you stream live feeds. A terrible shortcoming of the design, and very disappointing.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation