Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby has No Controls on Lock Screen

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mooner
Guide
Guide

Not sure if it’s related to latest iOS update or exactly when the started (definitely recently) but I no longer see the controls (play/stop etc) on my phone’s lock screen when enabling “always listening” mode. The audio still streams but I can’t stop it without opening up the app (and sometimes I have to force quit it). I’ve restarted my phone, both devices.

Any ideas? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mooner
Guide
Guide

If anyone finds this in the future. Since the fixed app update it seems you now need to make sure the video is not playing before you click the "always listening" button. If it is playing, hit stop. Then when you hit always listening it will start again and you can lock your device and see controls.

Appreciate the help Arlo.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
mooner
Guide
Guide

Im having the same issue on my iPhone. Tried re-installing app per suggestion above, no luck. This was working previously for a long time, not sure what changed?! Separate thread https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/No-Controls-on-Lock-Screen/m-p/1746406

mooner
Guide
Guide
Update: there must be some issue, this doesn’t work on my wife’s phone, an iPad Pro or an iPad mini. Most recent app update maybe?!
mooner
Guide
Guide
Confirmed that according to documentation this *should* work: https://kb.arlo.com/1282664/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-the-Always-Listening-feature-on-Arlo-Baby

Latest iOS update is getting trashed on the App Store (for being very slow), wonder if that’s the cause...

@Arlo?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Sunshinnee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why can’t I hear sound going when my iPhone is locked? I have all current updates.
Is this a function of the app? Can it play sound whiles the phone is locked?
We have 2 cameras
mooner
Guide
Guide
I’m guessing these issues are related since a moderator just merged them (my guess is the app just needs fixing) but me and the other poster are reporting different problems. My audio works when screen is locked I just have no controls play/pause etc. The other poster doesn’t get any audio at all.

Look forward to any updates...
mooner
Guide
Guide

Any updates? I have an open ticket with support and they have been completely useless. After multiple emails all they have recommended is re-installing the app (again, which makes no sense since this is present on all 4 of my iOS devices).

A real update would be appreciated.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mooner

The Development team is still working on this issue. I will update the community as I receive more information. Thank you for your patience.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone,

I wanted to inform you, there is a planned fix for this issue that should be released in the next update Arlo iOS App Version 2.13

mooner
Guide
Guide

Fantastic, I appreciate the update! I will keep an eye out for it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @mooner

Yuo are welcome!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mooner

This issue with the Arlo baby lock screen controls missing should now be fixed. Please download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 2.13. 

I have provided a link with further details here: Firmware Release Notes

mooner
Guide
Guide

Hi Shayne, I really appreciate the follow-up. Unfortunately this is still not working for me. I tested this on both my iPhone which is running iOS 13.3.1 and an iPad mini running 12.4.5, still no controls on the lock screen (and the music widget in control center shows nothing). I also tried simple stuff like restarting the devices.

Bummer. Any other ideas?

mooner
Guide
Guide

If anyone finds this in the future. Since the fixed app update it seems you now need to make sure the video is not playing before you click the "always listening" button. If it is playing, hit stop. Then when you hit always listening it will start again and you can lock your device and see controls.

Appreciate the help Arlo.

mooner
Guide
Guide

Grrr I marked the wrong reply as the "solution" and cant change it (maybe a mod can?). Should be this one: 15

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was an update that should resolve this issue. Can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app and test again?

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation