Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby cannot discover device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dkos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had an arlo baby for a couple months - working fine with no issues until this weekend.  Had a problem when loggin in to check device - there was an arlo server-down message of some sort.  After that a message showed that my device was not connected.

I went through the process of reconnecting (several times).  Did a factory reset and get to the qc code to scan.  I do not get a chime when scanning but the light does turn solid blue.  However, when I click continue the device cannot be discovered.  Using an ORBI router with no issues of any devices connect (and the blue light on the arlo indicates that it is connected to the arlo servers), and I have rebooted the router.  I've tryed to connect from a PC and two mobile devices - always the same: get a solid blue light (no chime) and can't be discovered.

Any thoughts?  Seems odd that it would go bad for no reason after a month.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dkos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I figured it out.  This seems like an issue several people have had, so maybe this will work for them:

1. Remove the feet at the bottom of the camera - (rotate counter clockwise)

2. Turn off the battery switch.

3. Wait 10 seconds and then turn back on.  (cycles battery)

4.  Do factory reset (use paperclip to hold reset for 10 seconds or till light flashes yellow rapidly).

5.  Then rediscover device.. viola, c'est fini!

Good luck

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the reset again but this time remove it from Settings, My Devices, too. Any luck?

dkos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did remove it and reset (several times).  Its not on my list of devices in the app and still not discovering..  Still stuck at solid blue light.

dkos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I figured it out.  This seems like an issue several people have had, so maybe this will work for them:

1. Remove the feet at the bottom of the camera - (rotate counter clockwise)

2. Turn off the battery switch.

3. Wait 10 seconds and then turn back on.  (cycles battery)

4.  Do factory reset (use paperclip to hold reset for 10 seconds or till light flashes yellow rapidly).

5.  Then rediscover device.. viola, c'est fini!

Good luck

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation