Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Disappointedcj
Tutor
Tutor

Wow. For an expensive baby monitor I could Not be more disappointed . This is going straight back to the shop.
Who would make, let alone want, a baby monitor that turns off it’s live stream and sound. What a dangerous thing to do. Arlo, you could be responsible for babies deaths, you realise that? I woke to my baby crying, yet the image on the phone screen was of him sound asleep. I have been looking for an answer on this forum and it appears many people have had this issue with NO clear answer at all.
I am beyond disappointed and frankly, angry. Will be sure to leave an honest review so others are aware of this significant flaw.
- I am not after discussion of what ios I am running etc. I have a brand new iPhone and this is a brand new monitor. There should be no issue when the camera works - the issue is that it STOPS overnight.
- Yes, I have tried reinstalling it .
- point is, it’s bloody expensive and I expect more.

6 REPLIES 6
dcfox1
Master
Master

Arlo makes  a baby monitor called Arlo Baby it may be better for your needs. Its on their product page. 

Disappointedcj
Tutor
Tutor

Haha it is the baby monitor. I was just dumb enough at 4am to post in the wrong place. 

Disappointedcj
Tutor
Tutor

Wow. For an expensive baby monitor I could Not be more disappointed . This is going straight back to the shop.
Who would make, let alone want, a baby monitor that turns off it’s live stream and sound. What a dangerous thing to do. Arlo, you could be responsible for babies deaths, you realise that? I woke to my baby crying, yet the image on the phone screen was of him sound asleep. I have been looking for an answer on this forum and it appears many people have had this issue with NO clear answer at all.
I am beyond disappointed and frankly, angry. Will be sure to leave an honest review so others are aware of this significant flaw.
- I am not after discussion of what ios I am running etc. I have a brand new iPhone and this is a brand new monitor. There should be no issue when the camera works - the issue is that it STOPS overnight.
- Yes, I have tried reinstalling it .
- point is, it’s bloody expensive and I expect more.

alpha547
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. I work in IT and have tested/written blogs about camera and surveillance for almost 10 years now. I have tested multiple solutions, both in common surveillance and baby calls. Arlo is far the worst.

Some of my issues:

1. You can't log in on multiple devices. It's critical for me to have an tablet for e.g. babysitters, without them being thrown out when I log in. I had to create multiple dummy users with different e-mails, which is far less secure.

2. I often have trouble with logging in. I can use 5-15 minutes with restart of the app and/or baby call before I'm able to login.

3. I'm often getting thrown out. When I work on my computer, I open a browser window. For 6-8 hours of work, I get thrown out often (4-6 times). Sometimes the live-feed just stops, other times it's telling me to log in again. This is without getting thrown out from all my other services, servers (SSH), my general video surveillance, RDP, etc.. So this is not an network issue in my end.

4. Different images. When opening the app, there is an still image. When pushing play, the image changes, but still an old image. It takes some time before the live image shows up.

5. Web-app still uses flash, witch is deprecated.

6. The live feed itself (when working), often has bad quality in general. Sometimes so bad that you can't see the baby.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey alpha547,

On May 1st, we’ve transitioned away from Flash Player and it will no longer be needed to live stream Arlo Cameras when using a web browser. Adobe Flash Player is still required if you have a continuous video recording (CVR) subscription plan. We plan to transition away from Flash Player for CVR users in a release later this month.

For the other issues that you may be experiencing, contact the Support Team so they can further investigate the issues you're experiencing. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

alpha547
Initiate
Initiate

I have contacted support for most of the issues, but the product has actually got worse.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation