Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby camera lens hot (can't even touch). Should I be turning the unit off completely?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
emilly
Follower
Follower

When not in use, I leave the camera on but just turn the monitoring off. I notice the camera lens gets very hot (tonight i cant even touch it). Its not in the sun either, but i do also leave it on charge otherwise it dies in about 3 hours.
Should I be turning the unit off completely? It takes a while to start up, which is why I haven't been. Just wondering if it's how I'm using it or if I need to get it looked at!
How does everyone else use it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Baby cam is ( when plugged in ) really always on.

Tho the camera ( also the Q camera ) does get warm, it should NOT be to hot to touch

(Mine has been plugged in for 2+ years now without issue.)

I would contact Arlo support and see what they say... it possibly could be a warranty issue.

PS;  it is normal for the battery to run down in about 3 hrs when dark, max of 6 hrs in day ( at night the IR lights are on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Baby cam is ( when plugged in ) really always on.

Tho the camera ( also the Q camera ) does get warm, it should NOT be to hot to touch

(Mine has been plugged in for 2+ years now without issue.)

I would contact Arlo support and see what they say... it possibly could be a warranty issue.

PS;  it is normal for the battery to run down in about 3 hrs when dark, max of 6 hrs in day ( at night the IR lights are on )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation