Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby battery depletes when Baby Battery Switch = On, App Device = Off and App Mode = Disarmed

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ursichto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have read the other Community posts, and I know the expected battery life for Arlo Baby ranges from three hours of night-time use to six hours of daytime use. Night-time use depletes Arlo Baby’s battery faster because the night vision LEDs use more battery power. 

My issue is as follows:

• Baby Battery Switch (in foot) = On
  • App - Device = Off
  • App - Mode = Disarmed (Monitoring off)

Unfortunately the device battery drops from 100% to 20% in about 3-4 hours.

I want to preserve the Baby battery as much as possible when not connected to AC, and I only want it to use power when I activate it from the App.

Is there a way to ensure that the Baby can retain all it's power for many months without being used, while the battery remains switched on?

Thank you for your help.

Would you be so kind to confirm if I am doing some

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ursichto,

Do know that the Arlo Baby is intended for use as an AC-powered camera. The battery power is intended to use for short periods of temporary monitoring. 

But you could try turning the night vision off on your Arlo Baby to see if that may help extend the battery life. Also make sure that you don't have music player or night light on as this can deplete the battery faster.

ursichto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your response, turning off the night vision was a very good idea.

Yes, I understand the Arlo Baby is an AC powered rechargable camera, but my question is related to just the battery life.

I performed a 3rd test, below are the results:

Device Setting in App = On
Mode in App = Armed
Battery life = 4 hours

Device Setting in App = Off
Mode in App = Disarmed

Battery life = 4 hours

Device Setting in App = Off
Mode in App = Disarmed

Auto Livestreaming = Off

Night Vision = Off

Microphone and Speaker = Off

Temperature Collect Data = Off

Humidity Collect Data = Off

Air Quality Collect Data = Off

Battery life = 5.5 hours

Now that absolutely every function of the camera is turned off, I am keen to know what is draining a full charged battery in 5.5 hours?

One other observation that I have is that the head of the camera is warm after 5.5 hours, so the camera is most definitely capturing information.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.

All the best,

Tony.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation