Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
auhansokl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased an Arlo Baby camera for background audio functionality. I am using an iPhone 7 plus(ios 11.3) and latest generation iPad (ios 11.3.1).

Background audio only works for around 5 minutes and then cuts out. Happens on both devices...Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

auhansokl,

Does this happen when using the web client? Does the audio come back or does it cut out permanently?

JamesC

auhansokl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response JamesC!

I've only used the Arlo app with my iPhone and iPad. I download app updates the day they hit the app store. I've checked for firmware updates on the camera and also have done a reset.

I'll test it out from the web and report back.

Soon as I turn off my screen on either device, audio cuts out for a couple seconds then starts. After around 5 minutes, the audio cuts out for good then I have to open up the app and load it again. I wonder if me using touch ID for authentication of the app has anything to do with it. I can try to disable that and see if it matters. I wouldn't think so though.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app was released to the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.3 - 7th June 2018

JamesC

auhansokl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response! I updated the app and the same issue occurred. I tested it 2 times tonight. The latest time I started viewing camera then closed my screen. At 10:02pm. 5 minutes later the audio turned off and never returned.

I’ve tried to call support 2 times already. On hold for 40 minutes before I could talk to someone. They said I need to talk to Arlo baby support which that’s the option I selected in the automated system. They wanted to transfer me to the right department but at that point I had a work meeting so I told them I had to call back in.

The 2nd time it was at 30 minutes waiting to talk to someone and I couldn’t wait any longer so had to hang up. This is ridiculous! The only reason I bought this camera was for background audio functionality. I can get a $30 camera where background audio works so this is inexcusable.

Sorry I know it’s not your fault but hoping someone from the Arlo support team reads these.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation