Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dsmythe
Tutor
Tutor

My wife and I have an Arlo Pro system and are interested in the Arlo Baby. We also really like the dedicated touch screen so we could separate the Arlo Baby from our other Arlo's a little and because the live stream on the app times out after awhile and it would mean we don't have to dedicate our tablets or phones to streaming the baby's cam. We have a 9 week old, so we hope to get the Arlo Baby sooner versus later and noticed the version with the dedicated touchscreen monitor isn't on preorder and is said to arrive sometime in the summer. 

Questions: Is the current pre-order Arlo Baby model without the dedicated touchscreen able to function with the touchscreen monitor later? Will the monitor be sold separately as well so that we could pre-order an Arlo Baby now and then buy the touch screen monitor separately to go with it when it comes out or if we simply wanted a second dedicated monitor later?

158 REPLIES 158
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
James

I am presuming the display screen only works with Arlo products? As such those who buy will already have the arlo baby.. I think you need to be taking the feedback that this community forum is giving you back to the powers that be at Arlo about just how unhappy everyone is. I am one of those people that went into Arlo in a big way as have 8 Arlo pros plus the Baby. Suggesting a monitor is a poor substitute for mis managing expectations. The Arlo lag in real time viewing can't be a consideration when your talking about a baby. You development team generally are way behind your competitors, most cameras are instant record and even seconds before (UCam247Live for example) . Not about 5 seconds in so miss the key activity! Are you going to consider allowing refunds of opened and used products? Or at worst a massive discount at launch (even preclaunch) to those already purchased an Arlo baby? At lot of people bought this in good faith. It's not fraud clearly, but Arlo does have a responsibility it does need to answer to as currently the product is not fit for purpose where seconds are vital in the life/death of a baby in trouble.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeff_S,

The release of the Arlo Baby touchscreen display has been delayed as further development work needs to be done to bring the product’s performance to a level that we believe will satisfy our users’ expectations. With the touchscreen display, our goal is to offer a monitoring experience which is simple, real-time, and reliable while still allowing our users to access the smart features Arlo Baby has to offer. We understand that this delay may be causing disappointment amongst our existing Arlo Baby users and we ask for your patience while the Arlo team works on perfecting the product’s performance. In the meantime, we recommend that you use a tablet, if available, as a monitoring device.

You can follow release updates for this product here: Arlo Baby 1080p HD Monitoring Camera and 7" Touchscreen Display - Coming Soon!

JamesC

Steph44
Guide
Guide
Will the wall stand be released before the monitor?
AlbertL
Guide
Guide

Wall stand has been released and available.

adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Stand still says coming soon.
Phifer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have an Arlo baby and the amount of lag time to get my camera feed is laughable at times. The tablet that still does not have a release date will have a direct connection to the camera so it will not require an internet connection. This will improve camera feed times when on the same network as the camera. Why is this not built into the android and iOS apps? Thank you
EZEKIEL54
Initiate
Initiate
When is the arlo baby screen coming out? I’ve been told since March it was coming soon I want to return my arlo baby because of this. I cannot view the camera offline. This is unfortunate because I have arlo pro and perfer all my cameras to be on one feed.
nogoalielikeme
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

When will the 7" touchscreen display be out for the Baby Monitor. There's been no update, and at first the release date was in summer, then end of summer, then end of Q3. It is now October, and past all these dates, please provide an update.

Thank you.

Schreibz
Tutor
Tutor
So I bought a baby monitor for my newborn with the assurance that the screen would come sometime over summe. Now it’s being said spring 18... my newborn won’t be a newborn by then. So this monitor goes from one of the best purchases to a pretty foolish one as WiFi mode on tablets isn’t very reliable...
TheHills
Initiate
Initiate
Hi there - could we please get an updated eta on the touchscreen? Is there any chance it will be released by Christmas?
Jarredh
Initiate
Initiate
Any updates on the time of release for this screen?
Bububu
Initiate
Initiate

One can be sure that for each reply here, there are 10 customers that just read these threads. Me for one have been morning the developments around the monitor availability for months and finally decided to register. The delay is unacceptable, Netgear has hundreds if not thousands of developers so any challenges can be addressed if there is a management directive. When I got the camera the expected date for our baby was 4 months after the expected availability date.

Everyone affected should register and voice their concern so the scale of the issue becomes more apparent to the Netgear team.

Rebbienore
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve read that the Arlo touchscreen was to be available 7/2017 but when I go
To purchase it still says “coming soon”. Very annoying!!! When will it be available??
Jesiegel
Initiate
Initiate
I'm quite upset here, I feel like I've been duped, arlo sold me on this device with the anticipation that the tablet would be coming in the second to third quarter in 2017, its now the fourth quarter and nothing. The app on my android keeps disconnecting, and it's not reliable, I cannot trust that my arlo will stay connected through the night. I now Need to go out and buy another baby monitor because I am now past the return date and the dedicated tablet is not available. 250 dollars down the drain on a baby monitor that works about 30% of the time. My son's life is at risk because arlos monitor cannot stay connected, this is a problem with the app, as when this happens I can connect on a different device, or when it happens a different device is still connected even though my app on the errord device says that the arlo is not connected to my network which is false. When will arlo either fix the app issues or release this tablet??
farrellw
Star
Star

so here we are in november with no answers from netgear anymore.  So this was supposed to be released back in may-july when I bought the camera for our then newborn.  Here she is 6months old growing like a weed and we have to settle for an audio monitor at night, to make sure we can hear her.  Arlo kind of works when we're awake, despite having to reopen the app a bigillion times because it won't stay connected.  I would like to think i would just saw screw it and go buy something else, but I want that dang dedicated display.  At this rate im guess the display will be available sometime between q1 and q4 of 2018-2020  Give or take a bit.  So the real question is, when will it be available?  Your website says coming soon as a standalone item and as a bundle item it says spring.  Well, what is it, coming soon or spring?  Because coming soon doesnt mean squat at this point, since it said coming soon in may, and here we are 6 months later.  So is it going to be another 6 months? or maybe 12 months?  C'mon netgear!

Papamann
Aspirant
Aspirant
@netgear please advise why there is no eta here.
Gurutek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @netgear - Can you please help us out, and give us a realistic ship date for this product?  To be frank - without the deicated monitor - the camera is pretty crappy, as you really can't trust an App 100% of the time......  

Tmamiya
Initiate
Initiate
@netgear,

I returned the Arlo Baby due to the inconsistency and unreliability of your camera and log ins. The inability to follow up on your promised dates and lack of providing dates for the monitor is bad. This is unacceptable for a product to monitor the health and safety of a baby. I will likely not purchase another Netgear product going forward. Rethink how you conduct your business.
pobo123
Star
Star

I am in 100% agreement with the BS stringing along that Netgear has done with the arlo baby monitor screen.  This is ridiculous.  I had to buy a tablet to use the camera, as it is useless on the android app, and mostly useless on the adroid tablet.  Fix your app Netgear, and get your screen done!  This camera should have NEVER been sold without the screen, and promise of it coming soon.  Borderline fraud - get people to buy a camera that is absolutely useless!!!

danielhan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the Arlo Baby with the promise by Netgear that this touchscreen was coming out. I completely regret that mistake and I am very upset at them purposely misleading people about a product they never intended to release. This is fraud and a deceptive business practice. We should all be able to return thier Arlo Baby back to them for a full refund. I will never purchase any product from Netgear again. Their customer service is also beyond terrible.
ChicagoOutfit
Guide
Guide
My experience has been very different. Sure, I would have loved for the tablet to have come out by now... but, the cameras (I have two Arlo Baby) have not failed once. They are crystal clear on any of our devices (iPhone, iPad, iMac) and all of our friends comment on how clear is the feed.
pobo123
Star
Star

It sounds like your experience is only with apple products, Android platform is horrible as you can see from the above comments.  Netgear needs to address their issues - i am not buying a whole new platform just to get my Arlo Baby to work as it should have worked in the beginning!  I sure hope their tablet is Apple!

slash32487
Tutor
Tutor

@netgear please provide an update. there needs to be an eta here. the software relying on wifi just doesnt cut it. my camera desides to not reconnect unless i turn it off on the app and turn it back on. there needs to be constant video without hiccups. i stopped subscribing because i was paying for video not to stream. i also have a arlo Q which has the same issue. if i was relying on your feed in the event i had a robery i would lose everything and not catch the perp. so basically your sevice would be worthless. on top of all of it i cannot host the footage locally so. im a very unsatified customer and i have ended up buying a audio monitor to suplement my bad investment. i think the software is something you need to build from scratch all over again. from reading in the community im not the only one with these issues. 

BigJim378
Tutor
Tutor
James,

Is there any update on the tablet yet? I clicked the link you provided and it doesn't even list it anymore. Our baby is due in 3 weeks and I am looking to make a purchase, I will not be buying one if I can not get an update on the status of the tablet. I'm sure I am one of many who are searching this product and seeing your blanket copy and paste statements that offer little to no information and are very turned off by that.
MAKnificent24
Initiate
Initiate
There was just an app update that keeps you logged in via any Apple product and now has an auto reconnect if the signal is lost. I have had up to 4 screens going at once on my iPad. They have canceled all dates in regards to the monitor until maybe sometime next year. So if you have an iPad you can plug in at night and use or a iPhone, you might wanna pass.