Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby - Won’t connect using QR code, HomeKit or camera discovery

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
ChowBat
Guide
Guide
So we have received the Arlo Baby camera as a baby shower gift but I cannot get this thing to connect to anything!

I’ve tried power cycling, resetting, adjusting my Router settings and nothing works. When I scan the QR code it makes the chime noise bar that’s then followed by another less attractive sound which I guess is saying it can’t connect.

Has anyone had the same problem? All the posts I can find nobody mentions the second noise after the chime.
29 REPLIES 29
markyoung99
Guide
Guide
Having the same issues as everyone else
This has to be software related
Everything was working up until ios13
I have deleted the app
Reinstalled the app
Set up a new account using new email
Deleted the already set up camera
Now when I go to set up a new camera it won’t detect any thing
I am 100 % on the same network
I’ve removed HomeKit and it still says it detect it?
Please please please release a software update to fix the growing number of issues with the arlo baby cam
Actionjax
Star
Star
And of course no solutions no details around the issues no help whatsoever.

This is probably one of my worst purchases ever. Something so simple and yet never works out of the box.

This is a software issue and combined with iOS 13 that has security features around cameras and with feeds to the cloud.

I’m sure Apple updated their OS while Netgear did not.
Actionjax
Star
Star

So I tried to do another factory reset and set it up again using my iPad and a different account. For whatever reason it’s now working. Not sure why and what changed other than being disconnected for a week but it’s working again. 

river1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Welp.  Add me to the list of frustrated users.  Updated all, a million hard resets...just a device that simply doesn't set up as intended.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you have problems connecting or onboarding your Arlo Baby, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.