Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby - Won’t connect using QR code, HomeKit or camera discovery

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
ChowBat
Guide
Guide
So we have received the Arlo Baby camera as a baby shower gift but I cannot get this thing to connect to anything!

I’ve tried power cycling, resetting, adjusting my Router settings and nothing works. When I scan the QR code it makes the chime noise bar that’s then followed by another less attractive sound which I guess is saying it can’t connect.

Has anyone had the same problem? All the posts I can find nobody mentions the second noise after the chime.
29 REPLIES 29
ChowBat
Guide
Guide
The app is saying it’s added to my HomeKit setup however I’ve never been successful in adding it - it doesn’t appear anywhere in my list of devices.
ChowBat
Guide
Guide

Does the software team for arlo also work on the website too? The chat function never works using any browser on Windows or Mac!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ChowBat,

Make sure when you're setting up your Arlo Baby that your phone device is connected to the same network that you're trying to connect your Arlo Baby to. Are you having the same problem when trying to set it up through the web client on your computer?

ChowBat
Guide
Guide
I only have 1 router at home, so yes it’s connected to the same network. I’ve tried to pair it using an iPhone X, iPad, Using the web interface with Safari & Chrome on a Mac, and Edge and Firefox on Windows 10.

My router is a BT Hub 6 I’ve change the setting on that to separate the 2 bands and tried connecting to both. There’s also a setting to reduce the range of the routers WiFi to enhance device compatibility, that didn’t fix it either.

I’d return it but I don’t have a receipt and it was a gift given to use months ago, that only needs using now the baby is here. It’s currently acting as a very overpriced night light and lullaby player.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to do a factory reset on your Arlo Baby again and try to set it up again using your iPhone. You can read here on how to reset your Arlo Baby: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Make sure when you're pairing your Arlo Baby that your phone is connected to your router network (not cellular data). You can also read this article to make sure you're setting up the Arlo Baby camera properly: How do I set up my Arlo Baby camera?

ChowBat
Guide
Guide
As per my initial post, I’ve already tried factory resets (many, many, many times), and power cycling. All the devices that I’ve tried to pair with are connected to the same WiFi network.
Pateri82
Tutor
Tutor
Hi @ChowBat yes still the same problem here as per my other thread! You’re not alone in your frustration! Definitely app related and not hardware related. Until they sort their end out try putting it through the Apple Home App. It’s not perfect but it’s something
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

ChowBat,

I sent you a private message to gather more information from you since the factory reset and power cycle is not working with your Arlo Baby.

Piranjah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the exact same issue, it was incredibly hard to make Arlo Baby connect to my network. When taking Arlo Baby along to friends when staying over it was however not an issue to connect it to their network, back home it was then again hard as hell to make it reconnect. 

The issue on my side was however very easy; seems Arlo Baby really doesn't like special characters in the network name (ssid), mine had an "&" and a " ' " in it. Once I removed these it connected instantly and without any further issue. 

to clarify; my initial network name was: "P&Y's 5Ghz" and Arlo Baby simply didn't connect and resetting it, presenting the QR code took a very long time. Changing the network name to "PY 5Ghz" resolved the issue straight away. 

Hope this helps:-)

Max88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue since 6 months and tried hundreds of times to reboot, with the QR code (that can t even be scanned!!!), with teh number and nothing is working anymore.

It used to work but not anymore.

Shame on you arlo for all the issues I have since the beginning and you never did teh minimum to make your client happy.

I will never buy again some of your products

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Max88,

Are you saying you're not seeing your Arlo Baby on your Arlo account anymore? Are you not seeing your Arlo Baby on the Arlo app on both your iOS/Android phone device and/or the web client on your computer?

Max88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

I am just talking about the Apple Home where it’s impossible to add the Arlo.
Inside the Arlo’s apps, currently it’s working
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try following these steps to see if this helps: How do I connect my Arlo Baby camera to The Apple Home app on my iOS device? If you're still having problems, let me know which step you had trouble at.

Max88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did this hundred of times on your arlo apps and also inside Home.

I just tried again by following your process to be sure and the option inside Arlo apps to connect to Homekit even does not appear anymore. probably since the last update??

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for trying to use the steps given on the article. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

clr0101
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I received an Arlo Baby as a baby gift, and we've been using it with little issue since January.  Since about two weeks ago, the Arlo Baby won't connect to the internet to work.  I've done several factory resets, but the QR code won't work and the Arlo can't be found when the app searches.  Nothing with the internet has changed, it just stopped working, which based on this chain is a common problem.  Is there a way to make it work? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi clr0101,

Make sure you're connected to the same WiFi network on your phone device that your Arlo Baby is trying to connect to. Otherwise, you can try setting it up through the web client on your computer to see if that helps.

msutherl2982
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this issue. My camera was working fine and just disconnected. I have done EVERYTHING, including setting iPhone to factory settings. I cant get past where it claims that, "we see Arlo device in your HomeKit devices list..."

How is that possible?!?!?!? QR code isnt working.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey msutherl2982,

Are you also having this problem when trying to set up the Arlo Baby through the web client on your computer?

phiguti20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a really hard time connecting it to HomeKit and the Arlo App. I have restarted it and factory reset and nada. This camera is useless. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi phiguti20,

Make sure when you're resetting your Arlo Baby to factory default settings to hold the Reset button for 10 seconds and release it and try to set it up again. If you still have problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

phiguti20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still nothing. 

Cocomars
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problems. I've used the app in dozens of new locations and setting up the arlo is very familiar. But with this new app it won't even find the arlo baby. I have rebooted many times, used the app, and the website. Nothing is working. We are in serious need of help so we can monitor our baby. 

thester13184
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. "Attached devices" on my router setting shows that the Arlo Baby is connected, but it will not get past the "Discovering connected devices" page in the setup section of the app. I have also tried doing this through the website with no luck. As mentioned above this all started for me ~10/5. Prior to that we were having no issues with the camera. I called support and spent 45 minutes on the phone with them. At the end of the call I was recommended to either call my ISP and get faster speed or get a new Arlo Baby. We went through power cycles, resets, moving the baby monitor right next to the router, trying all of that with the power cord plugged in and not plugged in. With so many people reporting similar issues around the same time, it makes me think this may be something on Arlo's end.

I am using an Arlo Baby ABC1000. Any help is appreciated