Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Won't Discover Device On New Network

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MattC_nz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Visiting grandparents for the holidays and my arlo baby won't discover device when trying to setup on their wifi network. Have visited before and joined network no problems.

Going through the setup I enter network details and hear the chime - then get stuck on the next screen trying to discover the device.

Have read through other posts describing this issue on the forum, and have followed those instructions to no avail - including resetting the device, removing the device from my profile, and turning the power button off on the bottom. I have also tried setting up on both an andriod device and laptop - and get the same issue.

Please advise and other ideas.

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you use a wifi analyzer app on your phone and see what channel their wifi is running on? Which network are you trying to join? 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yhe Baby should link into both 2.4 or 5ghz networks...

Are you attemping to install via an app? If so the phone must be on the same network as the Baby and/or Use a computer at the home to install   https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MattC_nz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses. The Wi-Fi is 2.4ghz - router is not dual band... have not tried on the 5ghz setting...

I have tried setting up on both app and laptop. When on the laptop I specifically enter the correct SSID, but on the app is just says something like "enter password for unknown SSID".

Something else I noticed, after hearing the chime and failing to discover the device, the LED on the camera stays a solid blue - which according to the manual means it's connected to a WiFi network? So leaves me at a point where arlo appears to be connected to the WiFi, but can't be discovered by my arlo account?

Thanks,
Matt

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using a browser got past this because you get to enter the SSID name. You can use a mobile browser when set to use the desktop version.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation