Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
abesai
Guide
Guide

Will we be able to use the Arlo Baby 7" touchscreen with multiple baby cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, This will behave much like the current mobile app. Multiple cameras will be able to be added to the touchscreen.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Good question.... wish we knew too.

They are due for release in Spring 2017... no one here has seen them yet.

@JamesC  for the answer

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've requested more information on this topic and will reply with an update as soon as I can.

For more information on Arlo Baby, take a look here: What new features does Arlo Baby offer?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, This will behave much like the current mobile app. Multiple cameras will be able to be added to the touchscreen.

JamesC

abesai
Guide
Guide

That is great news!

One more question

Since I know this will supposedly be able to stream offline, will the multiple cameras be able to be viewed live at the same time?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

abesai,

The behavior will be much like the current mobile app. Multiple viewable/streamable cameras on the home screen. More information on this will be made available soon.

JamesC

Jeddeth
Guide
Guide

Conversely, can I have two monitors showing the same camera so we can leave one upstairs and use one downstairs?

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Looking forward to the display.  Having the Audio On on my cell phone makes it rather warm overnight.... 

PBJ918
Tutor
Tutor
Can you clarify, will it be able to connect to other Arlo products? Not just Arlo Baby.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera for $99.99, or in a set with the Arlo Baby camera for $329.99.

In its Direct Connect mode, the display will allow for live streaming of video from the Arlo Baby camera without the need for an Internet connection. Cloud features such as remote live streaming and Library access will not be available from the tablet in Direct Connect mode. The display can also connect to the cloud via WiFi, just like a regular smart tablet. When connected to WiFi, the tablet will have all the cloud features as you would expect from the Arlo mobile app, and allow you to access all devices on your Arlo account.

JamesC

spo81rty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is what we really need to know!

I need 2 Arlo Baby monitors because I have two kids. (I also have Arlo Pro cameras.)

Will the mobile app and/or touch screen support flipping back and forth between just the 2 baby cameras?

I don't currently have the baby model. But I'm not aware of how to use Arlo Pro and rotate through just certain cameras in a live view via the Android app. This is critical functionality for baby monitors.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spo81rty,

Yes, This will behave much like the current mobile app and your Arlo Pro cameras. Multiple cameras will be able to be added to the touchscreen.

JamesC

spo81rty
Aspirant
Aspirant

You did not answer my question at all. 

I need to know if there is a way to pick just 2 of my cameras and rotate the live view between them to monitor them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How on Earth do we know when it hasn't even been released yet?

spo81rty
Aspirant
Aspirant

They are the manufacturer. They should know?

Also, my question applies to the normal iOS/Android app too.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spo81rty,

You will be able to live stream more than one camera simultaneously. I will escalate your question and see if I can't find out more information on how this will be displayed on the monitor. I will post an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation