Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
niko73
Tutor
Tutor

Question has been asked so many times, but what is the problem, I get the message "The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming..."  I'm updated to the latest firmware and it happens on desktop and mobile.  

Customer service sucks and has taken 3 weeks to give me nothing.  They've known about this problem for so long.

Please help.  Why do the regular arlo pro camera's always work but not the arlo baby

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

niko73,

I have a few questions for you. Where is your camera located? Do you have any obstructions that you know of, Cement wall etc. signal strength and interference can be the cause of a camera going off line & not streaming. What is the signal strength (bars) displaying in your app or web browser?

niko73
Tutor
Tutor

The modem is in the same room and there are 3 bars on the wifi.  please help. it's still occuring.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

niko73

There was a newer version of firmware that released yesterday. Can you check to see if your Arlo Baby has updated to the latest version? I have attached the Firmware release notes here - Firmware

niko73
Tutor
Tutor

still getting the same error after the firmware update.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

niko73,

Have you previously tried to reboot or reset the Arlo Baby?

niko73
Tutor
Tutor

yes, i was sent a new arlo baby and installed that one.  same error resulted.

thanks for all your help.  hope we can figure this out.  

I turn it on and off, and that usually alleviates the problem for a little bit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

niko73,

Just to double check, this new Arlo Baby is running:1.8.5.3_21226 From 17th October 2018? 

niko73
Tutor
Tutor

yes it is.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

niko73,

We will look in to this for you, Customer Service will be contacting you as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation