Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
arpasquill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like others, our Arlo Baby is constantly showing an Amber light and emitting a faint buzz when you put your ear up to it.

We have tried everything, power cycles, running the battery down etc all to no avail.

I have been in touch with support who told me to do everything that I had already done - they then admitted that it seems to be a hardware fault but offered me no solution other than apologies that I'd have to potentially cough up another $300 for a new camera.

I would love to know if anyone has had any positive news or solutions to this (what seems to be) common issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have two of them and they are working fine.

Have you tried a full reset and re-install?

The little reset hole is under the rubber next to the sync button.

https://kb.arlo.com/1282685/How-do-I-reset-Arlo-Baby-to-factory-default-settings

arpasquill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have tried numerous times. As mentioned, Arlo have told me that it’s a hardware failure. I will be talking to the store where I brought the unit tomorrow to see what they think.

It seems that a lot of people have just been given the standard reply of ‘try a hard reset’ and then a general ‘oh well’ once informed that this has been attempted.

For a $300 monitor I would have thought that they would have perhaps cared more.
Nels84
Initiate
Initiate
Hi there,
I’ve got the same problem. Solid amber light. I’ve tried everything possible.
Was there any positive solution or do I also need to come to terms this is a hardware problem??
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nels84

If you haven't already, you can try to reboot the baby camera and perform a factory reset. You can find instructions on how to perform this here: Arlo baby factory reset

Nels84
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the reply but is there any other advice then the generic ‘try the factory reset’ option. Of course I’ve tried that. I’ve got a 6 month old baby with a faulty Arlo baby camera. Can I please send the camera to your tech department for inspection?? Surely a possible hardware fault can be determined by NetGear?
arpasquill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Absolutely! If they even read the posts they'd see that we've tried everything. I'm sick of companies giving these generic responses. By their own admission it's a hardware fault, in that case they should be doing something about it.

A year or so ago there was a huge issue with the cameras not connecting to any network and we had to wait and wait for any meaningful response from Arlo. I should have jumped ship but thought - why should I? - if I've spent $300 on a product.

Come on Arlo, stop reading off the pre-approved forum script that you've been given and do something for your customers.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nels84

Please contact the Support Team regarding your baby camera. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation