Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Marcus_Saunders
Guide
Guide

Our Arlo Baby restarts itself at lest five times a day and wakes up our baby.

Is this a router issue? We have fast 25MBPS NBN Broadband connection.

Anyone elese have this issue?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

30 REPLIES 30
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Marcus_Saunders,

When did this issue start occurring? Have you tried to reboot the Arlo Baby? What firmware is the device currently running?

Marcus_Saunders
Guide
Guide
Thank you for the reply. I’ve rebooted it, tried a factory reset, updated firmware and the iPhone and it still happens.
Firmware version: 1.8.5.3_21266
jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bump on this thread. Any resolution? We just started using our Arlo Baby and I just happened to be in the nursery checking in person on her. All of a sudden the camera turns off. Within a couple seconds turned amber then blinking purple and quickly to solid blue. Don’t know how frequently this happens, we’ve had the camera for a couple months but are just starting to use it extensively
Marcus_Saunders
Guide
Guide

Hey mate,

No resolution at all. This problem still occurs up to three times a day for us.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opend a case with support?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

jasonEm
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's gotta be frustrating. Has tech support been helpful at all?

I havent logged a ticket yet. I have only seen it happen once and will wait to see if it happens again before I log a ticket. 

PeterPop
Initiate
Initiate
This constant reset keeps happening to us too. I am worried it may damage the device, as when it goes down, it does so with a loud click. When it comes back on it resumes the light show, but stops the white noise. I noticed it usually happens when I open the Arlo app after getting a notification (humidity, air quality). The worst thing is that the restart click wakes our baby.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PeterPop

What firmware version is the Arlo Baby running?

PeterPop
Initiate
Initiate
I am on 1.8.6.2_22781, I think it should be up to date, we just started using it two weeks ago and it updated during the initial setup.
Yoinked
Guide
Guide

Ours constantly reboots several times a day/night too. Very frustrating. Worse since the obnoxiously bright light flashes during a reboot, often waking the baby.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @Yoinked

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

This happens to us too. This is infuriating, has woken the baby several times! It simply restarts, which turns off the white-noise and then flashes lights.

There is no excuse for such frequent restarting let alone doing all those flashes when it does need to restart. Even for updates it should ask for permission in the App!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@antonioalegria

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

As per the associated Forum post, our Arlo Baby frequently restarts by itself. This causes the whitenoise to stop, the night light to turn off (disturbing the baby's sleep) and then it starts flashing LEDs which definitely wake the baby.

I haven't been able to determine a pattern to this. In any case it is unacceptable that such an important, and expensive, device would restart several times a day, which not only interrupts the monitoring but wakes up the baby -- which is the #1 thing a baby monitor should NOT do.

This problem seems to have gotten worse in the last weeks, though it was always a (rarer) problem ever since we started using it in mid-December.

Here are our details:
* iPhone SE, iOS 12.1.2 / iPhone 8, iOS 12.1.4
* Arlo Baby iOS App 2.7.4
* Arlo Baby Firmware 1.8.6.2_22781
* Arlo Baby HW Version 7

This is severely impacting our ability to use this product, please let us know how to fix it.

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

I tried contacting support but the Chat doesn't work... It just shows "Thanks! We're ready to help you with this product." and a chat icon which does nothing when I click on it Smiley Mad

Marcus_Saunders
Guide
Guide

G'day mate,

It's so frustrating that a product of this cost has so many faults. Simply unacceptable!

I've tried contacting tech support also, but get lost in a loop of confusion.

The past App updates have done nothing to fix these problems. Come on Arlo listen to your customers!

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

So I talked to support finally and after several days in order to do troubleshooting, we're still having the same issues. For reference:

* March 3rd @ 5pm: App Crashed, Arlo Baby started blinking LED but continued with Night Light and Whitenoise turned on.
* March 4th @ 3:20pm: App Crashed, White noise turned off.

* March 4th @ 10:15pm: App wasn't being used at the time (we were in the bedroom with the baby), LED started flashing, Whitenoise and Night light kept working.

* March 4th @ 10:20pm: Same as the previous one.

* March 5th @ 6:43pm: Same as the previous two.

I'm posting this here because I can't find the place to submit an update to the support ticket, hopefully the Arlo people will point me in the right direction -- the links I have in the email are to reply to old messages.

This is exhasperating, I now realise this product does not work as advertised and for a baby monitoring product, it's serious.

On top of this problem, the App is unreliable and crashes a lot, the video or audio freezes frequently (with good WiFi), and so on. I would even be able to cope with this if the camera wasn't crashing and blinking constantly.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @antonioalegria

You may call or chat with customer support & provide them with your case number. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support 

I will send you your case number via PM.

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

Ah, so it has to be done via Phone or Chat? There's no ticketing system where I can follow up on issues and see previous conversations?

Thanks!

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

So, just an update of new occurrences of the issue -- i'm contacting support again with this information to see if we can get this finally solved.

March 7 @ 1900: Arlo crashed - stopped white noise, had to plug it off and then on for it to recover. We weren't using the App, when we tried to connect it couldn't, so that's when we decided to plug it off and on.

March 9 @ 2117: Arlo started flashing lights, white noise and night light kept on. We weren't using the App. After a while it stopped blinking.

antonioalegria
Guide
Guide

Another crash happened:

March 10 @ 10:17 AM: Arlo crashed, stopped white noise and started blinking lights. Had to plug it off and then on again.

I'm trying to contact support but the Chat doesn't work (already reported it) and I prefer this channel because I can pass this information much more reliably than over the phone.

Emillz
Initiate
Initiate
Did you ever find a solution to the constant resets? My wife and I have noticed out camera doing similar things mentioned in this thread. I appreciate any updates or resolutions people may have.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Emillz

What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously done. Did you try rebooting or resetting the Arlo Baby and test again?

Matze1980
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with Arlo Baby.
The connection is lost sometimes and Arlo Baby reboots.
This happens several times a day. I have already switched off the device completely and also reset it, but the problem occurs again and again.

Can it be that my Arlo baby is broken.

thx

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation