Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Randomly Disconnecting. Have to always power cycle to reconnect.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Archer666
Guide
Guide

We've had the Arlo Baby for a little over a year and despite a number of infuriating issues, like that time they stuffed the App update and for like a whole month you couldn't hear sound... and the bloody LED light that ive had to cover with black electrical tape, I actually like the product... When its working it is a great product with lots of great features.

My issue is in the last month or so the camera has been disconnecting at random times (I say random but they are almost always shortly after we put our son to bed...), this stops the white noise function and wakes our son. The only way to get it to reconnect is to power-cycle it.

Are others having the same issue? Is there any fix or solution? My wife is at the point where shes ready to throw it against a brick wall and i'm seriously considering returning the camera as unfit for purpose under Australian Consumer Law and seeking a full refund. If i cannot rely on this camera staying connected then it is failing its primary purpose.

I've checked and we have all the latest app updates on all devices and the camera is on the latest firmware. Our home network is also not the issue and has been thoroughly tested to rule it out.

5 REPLIES 5
shoplifter
Guide
Guide

Based on the feedback I've been seeing, you're not the only one. Ours is dropping 3-5 times per week now. My wife is ready to throw it in the garbage. 

KB_
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing over here. I’m at a loss on what to do at this point, as I have to go into my daughter’s room to do a hard reset to get the dang thing to work (bit counterintuitive if you ask me.) I’ve also tried all the things you mentioned. So frustrated!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Archer666
Guide
Guide

Over the Christmas break i noticed something, when the pixellation on screen starts getting worse a dropout seems to be right around the corner.... the unit is also very, very hot when this happens.

I think its overheating and this is causing the droputs and pixellation of the video feed.

So i've been turning it off (physically via the switch on bottom) and leaving it off when not in use. Our son is down to one nap during the day and then night sleep, so i turn it off in the morning and back on just before he goes down for nap in middle of the day and same again after that until we put him down for the night. 

Haven't had a dropout since i started doing this and the video feed is A LOT clearer.

Its ridiculous to have to resort to this as a 'solution' but give it a try, might at least give you a bit of peace of mind while we wait for Arlo to get off their asses and fix the problem.

Although if its a hardware overheating issue as i suspect this will probably have to be a complete re-design of the cameras components and there's not a lot of goodwill left among their customers to try a new product at this stage im guessing (my wife would probably divorce me if i suggested buying a new Arlo Baby Camera at this point).

maxitec1821
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where to start, same issues, I get constant grief for choosing this product and has been the source of such distress and agro. 

Disappointed to say the least. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation