Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ShaftBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All,

I recently purchased an Arlo Baby monitor after doing some research and seeing all the cool things it should technically be able to do.  The first one I bought at Best Buy but had to return since the audio was crackly.  Exchanged and so far so good for the A/V quality. Top notch - a little slow with the night vision at times but overall quite satisfactory.  My issue is, the stupid thing will not ever stay connected.  The entire purpose of a baby monitor is to monitor the baby, which I cannot do.  More often than not, I have to keep resetting it and going through that sync process in order to get it work.  I reset it last night and it worked for a little but I'm not sure when it stopped.  I just noticed that I did not receive any notifications about motion or audio - I go to the trusty app, fire it up, it shows me an image from 20 hours ago.  I press on "Live", the little circle thing spins for about a minute and then returns me to that same image.  So, I pressed Live again, with the same result.  Naturally... I pressed it again... finally got a message saying Failed to Load Camera (or something like that). I'm using an iPhone w/ iOS10.

This is greatly frustrating. I need to be able to monitor the nursery, check on my little girl and I cannot have this keep happening.  The WiFi signal is excellent, given that the Arlo Baby is setup in the same room as the router. I also have other devices on the network that do not disconnect from computers to Ring cameras.  I never have an issue with those items.

I would return this monitor if I hadnt already chucked the box, and I may be beyond the return date anyway. So, does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this connection issue?  I really want to like this camera but it's flaws are making it extremely hard to do so.  I greatly appreciate any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The first thing i would do is a full reset of the Baby and then test again...it should not disconnect

As a PS .. check and make sure battery saver isn't putting the app to sleep ( settings in phone re app )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShaftBK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion TomMac but the Baby is only 10 months old... I haven't yet screwed up her life to warrant a reset.  I'll save that for her teens LOL.

Seriously though, I have done that hard reset several times and the camera still keeps shutting off.  I'll check for that battery thing you mentioned on the app but the Arlo Baby also cannot connect on my Echo Show when asked to bring it up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it times out connecting to Netgear.  I'm really at a loss.  I'll give it another hard reset tonight and track to see when it stops working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ShaftBK,

When you say the camera disconnects, do you see any error messages? Is the camera going offline or is the stream just being interrupted? What does the signal strength indicator show for the camera?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation