Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Mic Sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cboemermann
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Wife and I are expecting our first child in May of this year. Went ahead and picked up a Alro Baby new at Costco last week and wanted to give it a try with the family pet before we get closer to our due date. The camera itself appears to be running without any major issues, but for some reason i'm getting a incredibly annoying snow/clicking sound whenever I use view videos/live stream from the app. Has anyone expierence this issue? If it helps, i've included a few things ive already tried to troubleshoot.

-Removed the device from power adapter and tried camera with just the battery

-Used my computer vs Iphone to see if it was stricly a IOS issue

-Move the camera to another room

-Looked at going to another retailer to see if there was a issue with the unit itself...but nobody seems to carry it anymore in stores (which is getting me even more worried...)

Part of me wonders if the sound is normal? But I also had my buddy show me his Nest Camera stream at lunch today and it didnt have any issues.

2 REPLIES 2
cboemermann
Aspirant
Aspirant

If it helps, I tried to attach a example of the sounds (Unit is running on battery only)

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/53F5AA1B2B22EB73_201901

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are these sounds coming from the recorded video, live feed, or physically heard while looking at the unit? It is possible you are hearing the sensor adjusting for light. Is it dark with a TV on when you experience this?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation