Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Itsjezza
Tutor
Tutor
For months have been using the lullaby function to play white noise.

Decided to try a new lullaby tonight...bad idea.

The lullaby playlist keeps showing up as empty and saying I have 20mb of 20mb available. I click on download from cloud, download songs and click done and they apparar in the playlist. I click play on one, go out to camera view. No song title in the audio controls screen. The white noise skips at the end of the 15 second track which it never used to do. So. I go back into playlist and it’s empty again! Rinse repeat. It seems to only let me play one song and doesn’t remember any of the others.

I’ve power cycled it and I’ve also factory reset, reinstalled the app, removed camera from my account.... what gives?
54 REPLIES 54
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

thenewwin
Initiate
Initiate

Please update more frequently. We are still waiting for some answers. If it worked before, why cant we just send a bugfix to update the app to the previous version?

cnnn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me too. Please fix it.
erkkis
Initiate
Initiate

#metoo - using iOS12 and the most recent app, the list of songs/recordings is always empty on mobille app, whereas i can see them nicely in web browser.

Itsjezza
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, can you please provide an ETA on the fix? I hope this fix will also resolve the now regular disconnections from my wifi and the need to restart the device regularly?

Actually can you please provide details on how we can return our faulty Arlo Baby devices and recieve a full refund? I assume you’ll be making a product recall given that the devices don’t actually work as stated?

I’m doing all I can to stop my wife from going to Consumer Affairs about this...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating this issue. I don't have any new information at this time.

I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team for further inquiry on this topic. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

DomDem1986
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem for me
boyde85
Initiate
Initiate
Please provide an ETA of the issue is resolved? I need to decide whether to buy a dedicated white noise machine. This forum has been open for 1.5 months and you’ve said Arlo tech engineers are looking into it and still can’t resolve it. Does Arlo even have tech engineers looking into it? If not outsource that to qualified software engineers because it should take less than a few days to resolve. Arlo charge a premium price and can’t even deliver the most basic of attribute is any camera.
Chrisjamie2012
Guide
Guide
I’m also having this issue on iOS
SandJ2017
Initiate
Initiate
It is now October and no updates! My grandmother made a beautiful recording of her playing piano and despite following all the directions to save the recording I cannot access the piece! Is it gone forever? No way to tell since the library is perpetually empty!
thenewwin
Initiate
Initiate
I think the main issue is with the iOS app. Try there website and see if you can access It from there. I was able to download the videos onto my phone even though the sounds library stopped working. I’m curious with your issues. Please update if you can.
Ricardoccnp
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue!
SammyNZ
Star
Star

Quick and dirty fix (no guarantees) but this happened to me today after the latest iOS app update.

Required: 2 devices that have the Arlo app loaded

Method:

Device 1 - Login to the app, music option and choose repeat or shuffle as needed. Now go to playlist and load the sound files you want (do not exit or back out of this screen)

Device 2 - Login to app forcing device 1 to log out (do not go back into playlist just yet)

Now press the sound button on the side of the baby camera to start sound. 

I was able to at the very least restore the white noise option until a proper fix comes around. 

And hopefully they fix the white noise for a continuous loop without the hiccup...

Motherofwolves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot get any music/white noise/lullabies to play from the Arlo baby anymore. It was working beautifully before but it seems since the latest update that corrected the iOS audio problem, a new issue arouse with the lullaby music. My husband has an android and he can’t get the music to play either. It says it’s playing on the app, but there’s no sound coming from the monitor. I tired pressing the lower button on the side of the Arlo monitor which always works to play the last sound used, and even that isn’t working.

JimmyJandels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, unfortunate no support and or resolutio.n yet. I’m unable to play music, store downloads and it seems the mic isn’t working any longer also, pretty **bleep**
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried to RESET the baby yet....

If it doesn't work on either app or the broswer ( https://arlo.netgear.com/ ) then that may be needed.

Hold reset for 10 secs till the led flashes.. then resync as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Latest upgrade adds sound back to baby cam but it has not solved lullaby the only one that was there before stays there and only the one that will play.

When adding lots appear in the list but when selected don’t play as have no length to them and are gone again when logging in again....
rfsantos
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also having issues. 

I already updated and reinstalled the app, reset the camera to factory settings, updated the firmware to latest version, and still can't add music to my device. 

I noticed that all the audio files on the cloud appear as 0:00 durantion. I add (+) them to my playlist but when I try to play it, the playlist is empty again. 

Alelhp
Tutor
Tutor

Since we don't have an official statement from Arlo/Netgear, let me share what I've done and worked.

I updated the latest software (app) on my phone.

I logged to the camera via the Web URL using my PC (could be a Mac, not iPad or iPhone because it will demand the use of the app).

I added the lulabbies I wanted and logged off.

Logged into the app and the lullabies were in there, BUT THE LOOP IS STILL BROKEN

FrustratedUser8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sigh.. first it was some weird connectivity issues and now this playlist is not working.

You guys have obviously build a failed product. We bought your product at a premium price and this happens.

Tech support, if you guys can’t fix the problem please come up with another solution instead of leaving everyone here stranded. So disappointed and frustrated.

Mazakeen
Initiate
Initiate
When is the music being fixed I brought this product as it has music playing to my baby as well as video. Pretty disappointed as thought it would fix with the iOS update and still not working ..........
Arloistrash
Aspirant
Aspirant
This product is complete junk. No support from Tech team still after months with lullabies not loading. Just left out to dry now after spending a fortune buying this broken garbage.
Last time I EVER purchase a Netgear product again. Shame on you netgear
sayitaintso
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hoped the latest October update would fix it.  Contrary to what Netgear indicates, the latest update does NOT fix the missing lullaby/playlist issue.  I downloaded a playlist, press Done, go back to the list and they have all disappeared..this is the excat same issue as before, except this time, its even worse as I couldnt get any in the app to play..I had to go on my PC to get it to play

time to return this to Costco..thank goodness for Costco's policy..Tech Support awful and unresponsive...try paying for engineers who know what they are doing!

boyde85
Initiate
Initiate
Does anyone from Arlo even read community posts? If so, please provide the date this problem be resolved? If you can’t fix it,, then let people know so we can all return the cooked bunny!! .
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is still looking into this issue where some users are experiencing problems where the Arlo Baby's lullaby is not working properly and is still investigating the problem. We will make sure to update the community once we hear more about it. We appreciate your patience and understanding.