Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby - Lost HomeKit setup code

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
five337
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning !

Is there any way to retrieve the HomeKit setup code for an Arlo Baby ? My kids destroyed the sticker on the bottom and since it was a warranty replacement at one time from netgear, the code on the back of the quick start guide doesn't match with the code I need for setup. Have anyone had luck with Netgear support looking up the setup code ? Is there a way to get it from the mac or serial number ?  

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@five337 wrote:

Have anyone had luck with Netgear support looking up the setup code ?

Netgear divested Arlo back in 2018, so no point in contacting them.  Arlo support could help, but you do need a subscription now for phone support.

I don't own this camera model.  But based on this:

there should be a label on the camera itself that has the code. 

Page 67 in the manual might help you locate it:

five337
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to close this up incase anyone else runs in to this issue. 

I have paid support, so I contacted Arlo. 

While I do have all the original boxes, documentation and setup codes - the issue is that the camera in question was a warranty replacement. So I did not receive a new Quickstart guide with the replacement camera. 

Arlo has no ability to retrieve the HomeKit setup codes. According to the rep, there is no data base or way to get the code from the serial / Mac address. I have to buy a new camera.  

Lesson learned - always take pictures of those codes, especially on warranty replacement devices. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@five337 wrote:

While I do have all the original boxes, documentation and setup codes - the issue is that the camera in question was a warranty replacement. So I did not receive a new Quickstart guide with the replacement camera. 

FWIW, sometimes support does give incorrect answers.

Did you look on the camera for a label with the setup code - as I suggested above?  If so, did you find one?

five337
Aspirant
Aspirant

My kids played with the Arlo baby as a toy (long story) and destroyed the sticker on the bottom 😞 And since it was a warranty replacement (referb unit from Netgear/Arlo), I didn't get a quick start guide with a sticker. 

The unit was old anyways, so I just tossed it. Lesson learned. Always take pictures of the HomeKit setup codes as the manufacture will not be able to give them to you. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation