Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jaffro2k
Tutor
Tutor

Our Alro Baby monitor keeps turning the blue LED on randomly.  A pain at night when baby is asleep!

Its not the flashing purple light - the solid blue colour.

Any ideas?

Info from the IOS App:

Firmeware 1.8.6.2_22781

Hardware 6

10 REPLIES 10
IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice

Might I suggest an article of clothing to cover up the LED light. No, this is not ideal, and yes it does heat up the camera by 10 degrees. But it's the only solution that I could come up with. Reached out two weeks ago to Arlo Support and haven't heard back. 200mbps at the camera but it still looses connection... useless.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @jaffro2k,

Have you tried turning off the camera LED from the app? You can do this by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Baby > Camera LED.

IAMSAMMICH
Apprentice
Apprentice
I always have my LED toggles off in the app. The only way I can get the blue light to turn back off is to toggle it on and then off again.
bluelighthater
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot for the life of me find this setting, am I losing my mind?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @bluelighthater,

You don't see this setting when going onto the web client on your computer or the Arlo app on your phone? (Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Baby > Camera LED)

bluelighthater
Aspirant
Aspirant
No there's definitely no setting in the app or online
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using? If you're using Android, you should able to change the setting by going to Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Baby > Status Light.

bluelighthater
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I'm using Android. I attached a screenshot to my first message, there isn't a setting anywhere
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for that screenshot. Are you the account owner or do you have grant access to the Arlo Baby camera? If you have grant access, make sure you have "Allow Access Rights" enabled.

Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @bluelighthater  - the Arlo Baby status LED can only be controlled from the device Owner account.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation