Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
infinitebeard
Star
Star

So I have been having the issue described by @Kellte2 here: 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-Baby-HomeKit/m-p/1614029 it's been marked as solved but if you look at Kellte's post further down, it hasn't and they've been left without a resolution. I'm also in touch with support but it feels like thier method is to keep stretching the process out until you eventually give up.

Please reply to this post if you use Arlo baby with homekit and you have disconnects when simply walking around your house after which you try to re-connect and you get the 'Someone else is watching' error, please include what router you are using.

@b_ran_don @questionmark32 @MWFD @corristo @Tsloan27 @swiggles you all seemed to have the same issue, does it still happen?

7 REPLIES 7
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still having the same problem. Also, now experiencing a lot of “camera not responding” errors when viewing the feed on HomeKit. Seems like a timeout issue. 

@infinitebeard wrote:

So I have been having the issue described by @Kellte2 here: 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-Baby-HomeKit/m-p/1614029 it's been marked as solved but if you look at Kellte's post further down, it hasn't and they've been left without a resolution. I'm also in touch with support but it feels like thier method is to keep stretching the process out until you eventually give up.

Please reply to this post if you use Arlo baby with homekit and you have disconnects when simply walking around your house after which you try to re-connect and you get the 'Someone else is watching' error, please include what router you are using.

@b_ran_don @questionmark32 @MWFD @corristo @Tsloan27 @swiggles you all seemed to have the same issue, does it still happen?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am also having this issue. You may as well chuck the thing in the bin instead of contacting support. They are complete and utterly useless (like the mods in these forums) at helping find resolutions, making suggestions or genuinely helping.

This is an Arlo firmware bug, needs addressing but as this product is now released, you drop all support (like every other release) and as directed by your awful CEO you just move on to the next piece of rubbishy supported hardware to push for a fast buck.

This is you business model it sucks and won’t pay off in the long run!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Sircoynie

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

MWFD
Star
Star
Still having these issues. HomeKit completely useless just like Arlo support.
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
According to level 2 support, this was listed as a known issue over a month ago...
Kazemi88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have removed the device and reinstalled. It disconnects from HomeKit 3x a day. I have to keep restarting it in the Arlo app for it to work in HomeKit. I have called tech support and have a trouble ticket. It never use to be this bad. I’ve had it for 2 years and this problem started few months ago
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation