Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Connecting Multiple Users

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Nehelem
Follower
Follower

So its Sunday night and I've been spending the last hour trying to get this hapless product working.  The quality of the hardware is fine, but the software and setup process is just diabolical. So little effort has gone into understanding consumer behavior and requirements it's laughable.

Both myself and my wife have separate accounts with different usernames and passwords. Yet despite multiple factory resets, the camera has decided to only recognize the first account you set it up with after the reset. The software refuses to recognize any subsequent accounts you try to connect ( yes they have different usernames and passwords)

We go through the process, it recognizes the QR code, chimes and then just says connecting. I do the whole process again. Nothing. How does it fail at this point? It's just made the connection on the local network and successfully handshaked the camera. The house internet wifi is fine - I'm sat 4 ft from the router and everything has full bars.

Even the setup process screens are incorrect.

• Slide marked Discover Device - If you are adding a second device the light will be blue, not amber. Or at least there is no way to get the device to display an amber light as thats the boot light. If I plug in the device he light stays blue.
  • Press Sync Button - Why does this slide not tell you what the light should be doing? "About two seconds"? The picture shows a static blue light, but the previous slide just made mention of an amber light.
  • How to QR pair - my light is flashing blue - again slide makes no mention of what the light is doing.

I struggle to understand how you made such a shambles of a software package for this product, charge premium $$$ and judging by some of the other threads not really addressed many of the problems

How are you going to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nehelem,

Arlo Baby can only be claimed on one account. It can then be shared to additional users through the Grant Access feature.

Take a look here for instructions on how to share the camera: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation