Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Camera Has No Sound

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jammer0812
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Baby camera has no sound. I don’t think it has ever had sound. All I hear is static on my phone and tablet when someone is directly talking into the speaker of the camera. I troubleshooted this issue with netgear chat and they could not figure out the problem.

- I factory reset the camera
- I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and tablet.
- I completely removed the device and then re added the device to both my phone and tablet.

I have contacted netgear support only to be put on hold for the “elder support” and then never get connected to them. Any ideas on how to make my Arlo Baby work or get it exchanged for a new one

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried from a computer browser?

Does the camera output audio when you speak into your phone while depressing the mic button?

Is it still under warranty from the retailer?

Jammer0812
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried to hear sound from my computer browser as well. I still just hear static.

When I use the mic on my phone and on the computer browser, Arlo Baby does output sound. I just don’t receive sound on the devices that I am viewing from.

I have contacted the retailer where I bought the product from and they say that I am under a 1 year warranty with netgear and I need to deal with them, which so far has gone absolutely no where.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation