Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Base Station is not discoverable

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
siobhanpgreene
Follower
Follower

I got my Arlo about a month ago and it was working perfectly with. No problems. Yesterday, I went to check my Arlo app and it said Arlo was hacking trouble connecting to the internet. I tried turn Arlo off and back on, still no connection. I tried connecting it to a different WiFi and it still wouldn’t work so I thought to take that camera off and re connect it to my Arlo app.... since then my Arlo baby camera is not discoverable on my Arlo app. I do all the steps to connecting a new camera and it isn’t coming up anywhere. While I do this my Arlo has a solid blue light on the front meaning it is connected to WiFi and my phone is connected to that same WiFi and it’s just wont work. The problem I am having now is a problem I read a lot about when people first unbox the Arlo. If it continues I will be sending it back for a new one.

9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@siobhanpgreene 

I am assuming that you purchased the Arlo Ultra system. As far as I know the Arlo Baby does not connect to the Ultra Smart Hub, but connects directly to your Wi-Fi. Sounds like some sort of internet problem happened. Try doing a Factory Reset on your Baby cam.

Brian

lhporter28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same exact issue...curious to hear how this was resolved, if at all. It's not a wifi issue for me, I'm certain so please save the wifi advice. I've rebooted and reset the arlo multiple times. When i go through the steps to reinstall the device, I'm able to connect it to wifi (because it has a blue light, which means it's connected. I also get the chime when displaying the code to the camera, but at the next step, my phone (pr ipad or other device we've used) cannot pick up the arlo camera.

On an aside, has anyone gotten the live chat to actually work? Is that a joke? Tried it in chrome and firefox...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @lhporter28,

When you mentioned that the Arlo Baby is showing a blue light, is it a solid blue or slowly blinking blue?

And when you mentioned your devices cannot pick up the Arlo camera, are you saying you're not able to complete the setup? Or is the live stream for your Arlo Baby is showing video offline?

lhporter28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,
It’s a solid blue. I’m not able to complete the setup. After the code is shown to the arlo camera and I hear the little chime, the arlo camera is not picked up at all.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure you're connected to the same network as your Arlo Baby. If your device is connected to a different network than the Arlo Baby (such as using cellular data on your phone device), then the Arlo Baby will not be discovered.

lhporter28
Aspirant
Aspirant
They’re both connected to the same WiFi network. This isn’t a WiFi issue. I’ve also tried the installation with several other devices (multiple phones, iPad, laptop).
LunaMartins
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem! Please someone help me... my baby borned yesterday! (I m from Brasil.....)
LunaMartins
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes! They are on the same wifi, but still doesnt t work...
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @lhporter28,

I have sent you a private message to gather more information regarding your Arlo Baby.

Hey @LunaMartins,

Have you tried to factory reset your Arlo Baby to see if that helped (that brh suggested above)?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation