Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Audio Detection Picking up Night Vision Shutter

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rmartin
Tutor
Tutor

I recently got my Arlo Baby and the only issue I had was with the behaviour of the Night Vision Switch.

The update, 1.8.0.28_13041, seems to fix that behaviour to exactly what I would expect of the feature. Saved me the trouble of having to explain that problem.

However, and I'm not sure if this was happening before the current update (I only had it a few days of testing), but the Audio detection is firing when the night vision switches on in the evening.

Essentially, the past two nights at sunset, I've received an alert showing color vision then the transition to night vision at the :06 second mark.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have not seen this yet...guess you do have the AUDIO alert turned ON??

Wonder if the camera switching over is causing a sound heard inside to trigger alert.

I would contact Netgear and pass this along, as it sounds like a new issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rmartin
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it is set up to monitor and alert on motion and sound. It captures the loud audible click during Day to Night switch-over.

I suppose they need to briefly mute the mic during that transition to avoid this.

I'll submit my experience to support. But will do a restart and allow it one more test sunset first.

Otherwise, totally enjoying my Arlo Baby. Much clearer picture quality over my regular, original Arlo cams. I use it with them for security purposes, not for baby monitoring (yet???). Chose it over the Qs because I liked the idea of the temp/humidity/voc feature and the rechargeble battery.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes it does have nice video rez, BTW camera lens angle is adjustable if unaware( video settings)... ,....but the feature I find the best is the "voice always on " on the ios/android so you can still hear the baby without screen always on.

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rmartin,

Are you still experiencing this issue after the restart? Please let us know.

JamesC

rmartin
Tutor
Tutor

It didn't alarm last Friday night after the restart, Not monitoring while home over the weekend. Maybe it was a fluke. Have it configured again tonight while I'm at work. I'll post another update later.

rmartin
Tutor
Tutor

Still happens, but not every night. Originally had audio detection set to 5, but it still happened after reducing to 4. Here are the videos from three occurences...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rmartin,

Thank you for the videos. I have opened and escalated a support case based on your description of the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation