Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Abarillas022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems resently 5/13/2022 there was an App update version 3.6.5_28455 and then my Arlo started overheating that you can't touch the camera lens as it burns, seems it will constantly be disconecting and yesterday it just disconnected, I tried pressing the reset button for 10/12 sec to restart it, first the LED light will be amber solid, then will be amber blinking slowly, i press the sync button and will get blinklin blue LED, follow all the steps on the APP but but once i scan QR Code the blue LED light changes from blinking blue to solid blue and after a while it overheats that you can't touch the camera lens, but on the APP keeps looking for your Arlo Camera until i get the "Discovery Failed - Your Arlo Baby could not be discovered" screen. i've tried also setting my eero pro router temporarly to 2.4ghz, reset the arlo APP, etc but still nothing.

this is not the first time an Arlo Baby overheats, we always fear it  can be a safety hazard issue for our baby as it will overheats too much that we are not sure if can cause a short circuit or fire.

18 REPLIES 18
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Abarillas022

Are you using the original power adapter and charging cable with the baby camera? Have you tried onboarding via the web portal as well?

Do you mind sending me a PM with the S/N of the baby camera as well?

Thank you 

Abarillas022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I've been using the original power adapter and charging cable that came with the Arlo Baby.

yes also tried onboarding via the web portal using my laptop and didn't work, same issue.

how do I send you a PM with the serial number? as i tryied but only option shows to reply to this message but posts it

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Abarillas022 wrote:

how do I send you a PM?

Two ways:

1. Click on the envelope link in the upper right of the forum page.
  2. Click on the user name in a post.  That will open up the public profile page for that user.  Then click on "send this user a private message" on the right of the page.
Abarillas022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already forward you the PM yesterday, with the S/N, let me know if you received it.
Abarillas022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Can you please confirm if you received the S/N and when can i get an answer?
Abarillas022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please confirm if you will give any support on this issue ???
Mpergo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue was anyone able to help you ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Mpergo

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Baby camera and I'll do my best to assist you. 

Thanks 

Mpergo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please let me know what additional information you’re looking for. I have the exact same problem the other user listed above
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mpergo

Have you tried onboarding the camera with another device or browser? Have you tried performing a factory reset. 

Mpergo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I tried with a web browser and a factory reset still nothing works. Same issue as the other poster above.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to make it to the onboarding process in the app/Scan the QR code? 

Mpergo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I get through the entire set up I scan the QR code hear the chime then after a couple mins it says it can’t find any cameras
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let's see if we have any luck with the WPS process.

Can we try the WPS process for onboarding:

WPS Setup:

1. After typing the wifi credentials, click continue then press the sync button on the camera.
  2. Then press the wps button on the router for about 2-5 secs.
  3. Skip the scanning of QR code by just clicking the "Yes, I've heard the chime."
  4. Wait for it to be discovered.
Mpergo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My router doesn’t have WPS I have the eero
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mpergo

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43090047

Abarillas022
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ShayneS so what is my escalation number i haven't been reached out by anyone, and this issue has been opened for a long time and nothing has been done, I've already sent you the info you asked for, is anyone going to do something or not ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Abarillas022

I replied to your PM, I'll provide another update as soon as possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation