Seems resently 5/13/2022 there was an App update version 3.6.5_28455 and then my Arlo started overheating that you can't touch the camera lens as it burns, seems it will constantly be disconecting and yesterday it just disconnected, I tried pressing the reset button for 10/12 sec to restart it, first the LED light will be amber solid, then will be amber blinking slowly, i press the sync button and will get blinklin blue LED, follow all the steps on the APP but but once i scan QR Code the blue LED light changes from blinking blue to solid blue and after a while it overheats that you can't touch the camera lens, but on the APP keeps looking for your Arlo Camera until i get the "Discovery Failed - Your Arlo Baby could not be discovered" screen. i've tried also setting my eero pro router temporarly to 2.4ghz, reset the arlo APP, etc but still nothing.
this is not the first time an Arlo Baby overheats, we always fear it can be a safety hazard issue for our baby as it will overheats too much that we are not sure if can cause a short circuit or fire.
Are you using the original power adapter and charging cable with the baby camera? Have you tried onboarding via the web portal as well?
Do you mind sending me a PM with the S/N of the baby camera as well?
Yes I've been using the original power adapter and charging cable that came with the Arlo Baby.
yes also tried onboarding via the web portal using my laptop and didn't work, same issue.
how do I send you a PM with the serial number? as i tryied but only option shows to reply to this message but posts it
how do I send you a PM?
- Click on the envelope link in the upper right of the forum page.
- Click on the user name in a post. That will open up the public profile page for that user. Then click on "send this user a private message" on the right of the page.
Let's see if we have any luck with the WPS process.
Can we try the WPS process for onboarding:
- After typing the wifi credentials, click continue then press the sync button on the camera.
- Then press the wps button on the router for about 2-5 secs.
- Skip the scanning of QR code by just clicking the "Yes, I've heard the chime."
- Wait for it to be discovered.
I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43090047