Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

have just bought an Arlo baby yesterday, setup all completed.

when trying to set the "Motion Triggered Alert" settings on my iphone 8, it crashes the app and forces it to shut down.

When logged into the website this setting works fine.

any sugguestions?

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rexyi,

Do you see an error message? What version of iOS are you running on your iPhone and do you have the latest version of the iOS Arlo Mobile App installed?

JamesC

Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James.
iPhone 8 with latest version 11.3 and app version is also latest 2.9.5
There are no error messages. Just freeze and crash.

I’m also getting the pixelation issue on the camera. I have turned off Bluetooth and my phone is connected to a 5ghz WiFi network but it’s still happening. What else could this be caused by? Most of the time it would be fine.
Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James.
Seems like the app crashing is account specific, I tested on a guest account I created and it can go into the settings fine, but when tried the main account it crashes on other device as well. Maybe it has something to do with the motion zone settings? I noticed that guest account can’t create zone monitoring.

With the pixelation. This is across all device and account when this happens.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rexyi,

Try deleting all the zones, save, and then recreate. Do you still experience the crash?

JamesC

Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James. Yes tried deleting the zone. I only have one setup. It no longer crashes. But if I set another zone. It always seems to crash and sometimes it will even crash when setting the zone from the motion audio settings page.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rexyi,

Is this only happening with iOS? Do you experience any issues with multiple zones when using the web client?

JamesC

Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James. Yes just seems to be on iOS
Ok on the web client.
On the ios., I can go to device setting and go to video settings and create a zone and delete a zone. But not through the motion settings.
Alecweb04
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem here. Nothing to do with the zone though. It’s infuriating. Any luck at a fix?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation