Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Monster_Man
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am reading recent reviews on Amazon from verified purchasers (one in the last 24 hours), reviews here, and general reviews on youtube and elsewhere. The consistent theme is two issues:

1. The App to view the camera will shut off after a certain time, estimates vary, but the key is that 

2. The camera will not automatically reconnect to the wifi after (momentary) power loss or network loss.

Both of these issues have left customers saying this is completely unreliable as a baby monitor as the app shuts off or the camera drops off the network and doesn't try to reconnect. 

Are these things getting fixed anytime soon?

I would love to buy 2 of these, but can't spend 500 dollars if this is a problem.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) the longest time I have run BABY on android is about 4 hours ( 2 yr old ) so I really cant answer the question tho no issues in that time frame

2) I do not have an issue with the BABY reconnecting to the wifi automatically... I recently did some router work and the router must have been off 5-7 times during the day for a few mins each time.... no issue with BABY hooking back up

Also a power outage for 2 hours a few days back, no issue.. power came back and so did BABY

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Monster_Man
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, Amazon was running 50 dollars off today. So I am going to gable and hope that my Arlo Baby works great like half the people report and not the other half... 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation