Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AlexisLRiley
Initiate
Initiate

Thought I was loosing my mind trying to get this camera to work. My baby is now at the age that they sleep in a separate room so I’ve been leaving the app open with the feed running just to be “safe”. The camera turns itself off… my husband woke up to her screaming from down the hall and arlo had not notified me of anything… feed had stopped app had closed and upon opening device said disabled. Extremely dissatisfied customer considering I am relying on this product for my child’s safety. Completely unacceptable. And yes I tried all of the supposed “fixes” firmware update confirmed, app reinstalled, wifi bandwidth was checked by internet service provider and is not the issue. Most of the chains I see on this topic are closed due to issue being addressed… trust me this is not fixed. Arlo get your act together before someone’s kid gets hurt.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AlexisLRiley

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? The Arlo Baby camera needs to be connected to the same local network as the device initiating the live stream for viewing longer than 30 minutes. You can find more info here: How can I reduce video streaming lag or delays when viewing my Arlo Baby camera? If a device currently connected to a mobile network imitates the live stream it will timeout.

AlexisLRiley
Initiate
Initiate
I am using arlo mobile app with firmware 1.10.0.0_923_488774b up to date. And yes I am using the same local network for both devices. This is not a me problem it’s a you problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation