Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Is anyone else finding that pixelisation is so much worse since the base station upgrade on 26/09?

I never had serious problems compared to others, but now after watching live for a few minutes it goes so blocky I can’t even see my baby!!

The update just stated ‘minor bug fixes’ yet surely can’t be a coincidence that that updates at the same time my baby cam pixelation gets a million times worse and now makes pretty much unusable! Any one else had this, so can see if it’s more that just me?
11 REPLIES 11
PeaSoup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I also have a new problem with pixelisation and ghosting; I never really had this issue before.  It's affecting all cameras on two different base stations (Arlo and Arlo Pro).  The cameras furthest away from the base are having the most serious issues - sometimes the videos are completely worthless.  Those cameras have been mounted in the same spot for two years, and had been working perfectly.  I am pretty sure this issue has been going on for 2 to 3 weeks for me though.  Thus, prior to 9/26 if there was an update then.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

PeaSoup,

Have you performed any trouble shooting steps when you experienced this issue? The base station update will not affect your Arlo Baby.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Pgsullivan,

Have you tried to reboot the Arlo Baby and test again?

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Honestly you Netgear employees don’t half clutch at straws!!!

My Arlo baby has worked fine for many months, low and behold after a base station update it suddenly gets horrendous. Pure coincidence? I think not! The constant stock answer to reboot or call the utterly pointless support desk is a joke. I love how you all refuse to answer the ‘difficult’ questions posed on this forum. Unreliable at best is not what you want in a baby cam!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't address the Baby issues specifically but the base station has absolutely nothing to do with your Baby. That said, the base supplies WiFi for the wireless cameras and the Baby uses your home WiFi so there could be some interference of some sort going on. I haven't experienced this but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Try moving the Baby and/or base to see if that changes anything.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
I’m not going to move my baby camera away from the location that it’s been for the past 10 months. That is such a crap suggestion to say just move it and see if that makes a difference. It worked fine for all that time in its current location and the day there is an update to the base station that is also required to run the baby cam, when that update happens it then causes problems in my baby cam. You expect me to believe that the two things aren’t connected??? That the camera location and interference have been fine for 10 months before this last upgrade. What’s your next suggestion to un plug and resync, power cycle or some other standard response for Arlo/Netgear not beta testing updates that history has shown many many times over with the baby camera and the Arlo Pros that one upgrade to solve one thing, then throws something else out, that low and behold is never fixed or acknowledged rather the same suggestions which is ultimately abdication of the changes you make. I had a great babycam and 9 system Arlo Pro until you messed with uprgrades that ruined geo fencing, ruined live view, ruined lullaby’s and now ruined the baby cam... this is like it’s a crowd funded start up company not a multi national...
Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
And to be clear, I posted this is the baby camera forum, so if you can’t comment on that issue. Why exactly are you bothering to comment? How do you know the issues can’t be connected?? The base station is used for both the baby cam and Arlo system so is completely feasible that an upgrade to the base station has unintentionally affected something else. .... it happens every sodding upgrade within arlo! These forums prove that.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry that you are so embittered that you can't accept a suggestion. If you don't try it, you'll never know whether you've tried everything.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
Haha I’m not embittered, just don’t understand why keyboard warriors are posting (and even on) a forum relating to a babycam when they don’t have one!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I happen to have a Baby (as well as a Q and several wireless cameras ranging from the originals to the Pro 2, including the different base stations). I don't have the problem you relate so how am I to tell you how to fix it?

"Keyboard warriors" such as yourself should try thinking before posting stupid comments. As well, the lack of ability to perform troubleshooting steps indicates a lack of understanding of how to collect knoledge and information in the first place.

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
There in lies your answer..... ‘so how am
I able to tell you how to fix it’ so therefore don’t waste oxygen commenting at all.

For you information, what makes you think I haven’t tried all the usual steps of troubleshooting? What if moving the camera worked?? So a baby camera set for nearly a year pointing at my child without problem suddenly has issues immediately after an upgrade.... but coincidence... and what if the solution was to move it further away or closer to the base station?? Why would I need to do that when previously worked in the current location.

A ‘collect knowledge and information’ is about what’s changed in condition at the point in change of condition..... 10 months of working daily and nightly and the only think that changed and funnily enough at the same time was a base station upgrade. Yet as you say absolutely can’t be connected.... ok then! I think yours is the stupid I’ll informed and closed minded comment!
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation