Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
YYZ-Arlo
Star
Star

I currently use an Arlo Q as a baby monitor.  It would be great if I could use the Q with this new ABD1000 touchscreen.

Will it work?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera for $99.99, or in a set with the Arlo Baby camera for $329.99.

In its Direct Connect mode, the display will allow for live streaming of video from the Arlo Baby camera without the need for an Internet connection. Cloud features such as remote live streaming and Library access will not be available from the tablet in Direct Connect mode. The display can also connect to the cloud via WiFi, just like a regular smart tablet. When connected to WiFi, the tablet will have all the cloud features as you would expect from the Arlo mobile app, and allow you to access all devices on your Arlo account.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
smj
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to know this as well.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera for $99.99, or in a set with the Arlo Baby camera for $329.99.

In its Direct Connect mode, the display will allow for live streaming of video from the Arlo Baby camera without the need for an Internet connection. Cloud features such as remote live streaming and Library access will not be available from the tablet in Direct Connect mode. The display can also connect to the cloud via WiFi, just like a regular smart tablet. When connected to WiFi, the tablet will have all the cloud features as you would expect from the Arlo mobile app, and allow you to access all devices on your Arlo account.

JamesC

smj
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your input.  This is good to know.  Out of curiosity... In Direct Connect mode, can two (or more) Arlo Baby units be connected to the touchscreen at once?  Is live streaming (via Direct Connect) multiple units at once, possible?

smj
Tutor
Tutor

One more thing.  Can the Arlo Baby be in Direct Connect mode with the touchscreen and also be in WiFi mode with my iPhone at the same time?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smj,

The Arlo Baby display can connect to multiple Arlo Baby cameras, but one camera cannot be connected to multiple displays.

Yes, Arlo baby can be in direct connect mode and connected to your iPhone at the same time.

JamesC

Kivowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

From what's posted on arlo.com, it appears that combination of the Arlo Baby camera and the 7" Touchscreen Display (ABD1000) is going to ost $329.99 not $349.99. Can you confirm which price is accurate? Check out the item here about three quarter's down the page.

Also, any time frame of when the ABD1000 will be out other than "Summer 2017"?

Thanks for your help!

Ross

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kivowitz,

Currently, the target eta is later this year (hoping for a mid-Q3 release). I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Kivowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for that! Any update on the price though? It seems that what you stated in a previous post and what's currently displayed on Arlo.com and Netgear.com are two different prices ($349.99 vs $329.99). Thanks!

Ross

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kivowitz,

Looks like 329.99 is the correct price as that is what is shown here: Arlo Baby 1080p HD Monitoring Camera and 7" Touchscreen Display

I will get clarification and post an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kivowitz,

I've updated the original post to reflect the correct price of 329.99 for the Arlo Baby camera and the 7" Touchscreen Display set.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation