Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
TheDentist
Tutor
Tutor

Greetings

I bought an Arlo Baby two weeks ago. It worked decently the first 10 days. Sometimes the sound was lost and sometimes it needed rebooting I.E. power cycling to work. As of two days ago it no longer boots at all though. It is stuck in perpetual boot mode as in amber light is on with a solid light.

I have tried the solutions I have found here to no avail. 

1. Power Cycling - still solid amber

2. Factory reset after power cycling - still solid amber

3. Letting battery drain and then start and factory reset - still solid amber

There was no firmware update from what I have found online during the night it bricked which can explain it either. The last firmware update I did was when I first started the device and that worked nicely. 

I have contacted the reseller for a refund but have gotten no answer yet. I am not asking much but a durability of more than two weeks is of course expected. I bought the device because we need it now so I am very thankful for any advice that doesn't mean that I have to wait 6-12 weeks for a replacement unit or a repair. 

Kind regards

Stefan

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You shouldn't need to let the battery drain. If you just flick the switch on the bottom to the off position while the Baby is not plugged in, it will cut the power entirely.

When you restart it, after a while, can you press the sync button and get the status LED flashing blue?

TheDentist
Tutor
Tutor
Hello

Thank you for answering but alas no. I let the battery drain as a last chance well aware that it should not matter.

I get no reaction from any of the buttons no matter how long I press them. The unit just stays solid amber.

I have power cycled by turning buttom switch off and then removing usb cable multiple times with varying times without power. 10s to several hours. But as soon as it gets power again the solid amber lights up and stays put.

Kind regards

Stefan
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheDentist,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Mikedobenjamim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got as a present a never got to start because like our friend it is in perpetuos booting mode

i have tried every thing...

cheers from Brazil

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mikedobenjamim

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

Stavrospa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi...did you have any luck with this?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Stavrospa

May I ask what the issue is you are experiencing?

Mikedobenjamim
Aspirant
Aspirant
when i tried connecting i noticed the light wasn't blinking started looking for the issue and like TheDentist tried power cycling, reseting, drain the battery but naten heppened, the light still in booting mode then i found this post i'm corrently in Brazil so no return
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mikedobenjamim

Did you perform a reboot or a factory reset?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@ShayneS Arlo Baby doesn't use a base station

TheDentist
Tutor
Tutor

Greetings

I contacted the reseller and got a new camera. The new one has been working perfectly ever since. We are really happy with the product.

Kind regards 

Stefan 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@TheDentist wrote:

Greetings

I contacted the reseller and got a new camera. The new one has been working perfectly ever since. We are really happy with the product.

Kind regards 

Stefan 

Great outcome 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation