Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't see doorbell on shared devices; will only ring the main account

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
timi
Guide
Guide

Hi folks, I have two devices on which I have arlo app set up, on the master account I setup the base station, arlo pro 2 cam a doorbell, I shared all devices with a second account on another device, I can see all the devices but the doorbell in the Shared Devices, although I can see the doorbell in the Devices tab on the shared account, but when it rings only on the master account is ringing..
I have the latest app on both devices and all devices have the latest firmware.
Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @timi,

Try to remove grant access to the Arlo Audio Doorbell and save and try to share again and see if the issue resolves.

Sempaidavid
Tutor
Tutor
Any resolution. It won’t ring on my wife’s phone either. I removed it and added it back in and not change. It rings on all 3 of my devices but won’t call her phone at all. And it doesn’t work woth my Alexa’s either.
timi
Guide
Guide
well, I still can't see the doorbell in shared devices BUT out of nowhere it start working., I did unlink and remove everything and added everything back but still can't see it in the shared devices menu although the devices is being checked to be shared on master device, but when I press the doorbell button it is ringing on my wife's phone as well so it's working.

I suppose that the application has a lot of bugs and inconsistencies across devices, like this one, or the signal strength which is not working in camera positioning menu and many others.

Although these kits are quite expensive the hardware is decent but the software sucks totally..
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation