Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the Arlo Audio Doorbell interfere with the motion sensor settings on that same camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Horbeme
Aspirant
Aspirant

According to the manual it states you can have the motion sensor on the doorbell activate a camera, my question is will it interfere with the motion sensor settings on that same camera. Example my camera on my front porch will record when motion is detected, now if I enable the doorbell to also activate the same camera will it affect the cameras own motion settings. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had my camera paired with the doorbell and had the doorbell record as well as just using the normal camera rules. Thus, either one would cause a recording. Of course, which ever one detects first will be the one to record. I used different recording times to be able to decide which one had detected first.

Horbeme
Aspirant
Aspirant

So in my case the way my front porch is positioned my camera would detect a person before the doorbell, the next question is will I get 2 recordings? One from the camera that will detect a person on the walk way til they reach the door and then again when the person is in view of the doorbell. Would i need to have it paired with the camera since that camera is already monitoring the door? Wouldn't my camera on my front porch keep recording until it no longer detects motion? thanks for your earlier response.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not typically. The only way to get two recordings would be, say, a short (10 second) recording from the camera as the person walked up the sidewalk that the camera detected followed by a new detection from the doorbell. If the detection overlaps with when the camera is already recording, the second detection is ignored since the camera is already recording. I could almost always get the camera detecting before the doorbell so I now just use the camera to detect and record.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation