Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When pressing doorbell, it rings on tablet only but not on my phone

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dimdem
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to install this doorbell has been extremely frustrating. I'd like to find a clear step by step guide, as opposed to the Quick Start guide's merely telling me to "use the app." When I try to "use the app" it tells me that the device is not found. On the other hand, when I press the doorbell, it rings on my wife's tablet. Neither of us has done anything to install the doorbell on her tablet; it just happened by itself. My questions include:

1. When I'm trying to add the doorbell to my phone, say, do I need to be right next to the hub?

2. At what point if any do I press the sync button on the hub.

3. At what point if any do I press the sync button inside the doorbell? For how long?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My wife is getting calls even though the extra access privileges aren't toggled on. One thing is that the app should be set to not be optimized for the battery although I still find that the phone can't be asleep to get the call. Try again with the phone awake.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Apparently your wife already set the doorbell up. Since it's already working, you can't add it - it's already added. Instead, the primary user (the one who set it up) needs to use Settings, Grant Access to the doorbell to your account.

dimdem
Aspirant
Aspirant

This helped, thanks. There wasn't anything that my wife had done to set the doorbell up, but her account is primary. After going in on her tablet I was able to grant myself access, and now I see the doorbell in my devices. However, calls from the doorbell still only go to her, not me. Any hep with this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My wife is getting calls even though the extra access privileges aren't toggled on. One thing is that the app should be set to not be optimized for the battery although I still find that the phone can't be asleep to get the call. Try again with the phone awake.

dimdem
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wasn't getting the calls before ever with the phone awake in my hand, but I set it to keep the Arlo app from going to sleep and it started working. So I guess that was the issue. The chime is installed and we are rolling. The only disappointment now is that you can't pair a wired cam to it. We have some wireless ones, but for the front door we use a wired one that lookings through a window next to the door. Oh well, you can't have everything. Thanks for the help.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation