Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Ctr1971
Guide
Guide

I have two chimes but I seem can only be able to sync one to the doorbell.when I go and sync the other one it will not write it to the base station.i have tryed to sync next to the base Station but makes no difference.it works well with one chime only.
We have a two story house so need two chimes working.
I have tryed removing all chimes and door bell and re sync but makes no difference.

12 REPLIES 12
Ctr1971
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I really need help,i bought the arlo door bell non camera type and two chimes that plug into the mains one for upsatair and one for down.But i can only get one to work.When i try to sync the other one it will not write it to the base station.

it seems i cant sync two door bells to the door chime.on the app it says they have good wi fi connection,I have spent 4 hours trying to get them to work seems like soft ware fault.Can someone help.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Ctr1971,

You mentioned that you're unable to pair the second Arlo Chime to the Arlo Audio Doorbell. Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that helps you pair it? You can read here on how to reset your Arlo Chime: How do I reset my Arlo Chime?

Ctr1971
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I tried that it works perfect with one chime bit it will not sync the second chime.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If resetting your Arlo Chime doesn't work, I would suggest contacting the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Tobsta
Guide
Guide

Same Problem here - 2 chimes 1 doorbell. Factory reset of doorbell and chimes doesnt help. Always the last chime which is coupled to the doorbell works. 

To be honest: the whole integration of doorbell and chimes really is pain. Had some problems before where i found the suggestion to completely reset the base-station - which is ridiculous because i had to resync every cam (which are hard to reach in my case). I'm close to write very bad amazon review for this product. The missing mvp feature of turning of the automatic answering at doorbell is pain as well.... really kind of disappointing at the moment.

nhaller
Initiate
Initiate

Hi - having the same issue and wondering if you were able to figure out how to get the second chime to work.

Ctr1971
Guide
Guide

Hi,

No they did not sort it out Arlo informed me that the design team are working on it.That was months ago.

I would contact support as the more people do they may work on it a little harder.i suspect it is a software issue.

Lawrencedoiron
Initiate
Initiate
I am having a similar problem. I can both pairing show in app under melody but they disappear, please help.
Ctr1971
Guide
Guide

no You will have to get onto support as I still cant get it to work and I have a door bell gathering dust.

I think that it is poor they have done nothing about it.

Vipey
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here too. It will sync a second chime but when assigned to the doorbell with the first chime, (like everyone else) both chimes will stop working.

It will appear (normally) on the app.
Vvv007
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same problem. After synchronizing the second chime to the same ring the 4010 error appears and the option to choose melody disappeares. Why is it mentioned in the support docs that it works when it doesn’t at all
Dutch_Arlo_User
Tutor
Tutor

You might want to try this workaround as my Audio Doorbell now works as expected with two Arlo Chimes;

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Audio-Doorbell/Workaround-for-adding-a-second-Arlo-Chime-to-an-Ar...

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation