Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to have only Arlo Chime ring when Audio Doorbell is pressed and my phone ring. Possible?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gb11
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo doorbell (no camera) and the Arlo Chime. I am simply wanting to have ONLY the Arlo Chime ring when the doorbell is pressed and NEVER have my phone ring.

Is this an option? If so, how do I set that uup.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gb11 wrote:

I have the Arlo doorbell (no camera) and the Arlo Chime. I am simply wanting to have ONLY the Arlo Chime ring when the doorbell is pressed and NEVER have my phone ring.

Is this an option? If so, how do I set that uup.

https://kb.arlo.com/000061923/How-do-I-enable-silent-mode-on-my-Arlo-Audio-Doorbell

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

I want this function as well but it appears not possible.   I want it to only ring via Amazon Echo and be able to switch off it calling my phone.   If I enable silence on calling it automatically turns on all silent mode so will not ring on the Echo’s in the house.  I cannot get it to just silence phone calls.

pbnj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I, too, was trying to eliminate my phone being called when the audio doorbell was activated.  I looked at the instructions in the Support section.  The instructions stated that there were sub-options available.  But the only option listed for me was to toggle the silent feature on or off.  So, I removed the doorbell from my account, did a factory reset on the doorbell, and proceeded to add the doorbell back on to my account.  During the process of re-adding it, a firmware update was automatically done.  Now when I toggle the "Silent" option, I am given sub-options of silencing the chime and/or silencing the incoming phone calls.  Yay!

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you turn on Silence Incoming Calls though does it not switch Silent Mode on and it silences chimes too ie Echo devices.  Mine does that still.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation