Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kidhack
Tutor
Tutor

The UX of the Audio Door Bell setting in the app is designed to infuriate everyone. 

As you can see in the video, I go to turn on the Chime and Silent Mode turns ON. I turn off Silent Mode and it turns off the Chime. I turn Chime back on and Silent Mode turns on. I then turn on Incoming Call and turn off Silent Mode and it turns everything off. 

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kidhack

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

kidhack
Tutor
Tutor

I realized it is just very poor design. The UI doesn't communicate that the whole screen is dedicated to activating silent mode for various communication channels, calling or chime. It is unclear that the different channels are sub-sections of silent mode and are not to turn on or off that channel. So the toggles do exactly the opposite of what you'd think they would do, when you toggle them on, the device is off. It uses a "mute button" model, which is unusual in UI design.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kidhack wrote:

It uses a "mute button" model, which is unusual in UI design.   

I agree that is very confusing.

Midpoint
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB Same issue.  Using Arlo version 2.12.2 (1925) and IOS 13.3.

Turn Chime on, and silent mode automatically turns on.  Turn Silent Mode off, and chime turns off.

Doorbell will signal Arlo app on phone, but chime won't sound.

Only sounds in settings while trying out different melodies; confirms chime is synced to the hub.

I believe, something is wrong with the interface/software.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation