Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sharing Arlo doorbell with another user, so they can get calls

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fordhamg
Guide
Guide

Just installed Arlo doorbell, working great.  I have granted access to the doorbell to my wife's account.  However she doesn't see the doorbell in her app, just the cameras.  Any ideas?  I have also granted her access to our Arlo lights, but again she can only see the cameras.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fordhamg
Guide
Guide

I worked out what was going wrong.  My wife had an older version of the Arlo app on her phone.  I updated the app and now it works!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I hadn't tried that so I added my wife to the doorbell and a light. She has access to those devices in her login and gets a call when the doorbell is pressed. This is without the additonal access privileges toggled on.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fordhamg,

She may need to log out of the app and then log back in. Does she still not see the newly shared devices?

JamesC

fordhamg
Guide
Guide

I tired logging out and back in, no luck.  I also removed her from my account and re-added, still no luck.  She can only see 2 cameras, and cannot see 3 lights and 1 doorbell.

fordhamg
Guide
Guide

I worked out what was going wrong.  My wife had an older version of the Arlo app on her phone.  I updated the app and now it works!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation