Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Possible to deactivate proximity sensor on Arlo Audio Doorbell?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Poiram
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo audio Doorbell and since my house is very close to the sidewalk and the street, every time that someone pass by, the withe ring around the doorbell button lights up. The doorbell batterie drain very fast. I am wondering if it’s possible to deactivate this proximity sensor? 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Poiram wrote:

I have an Arlo audio Doorbell and since my house is very close to the sidewalk and the street, every time that someone pass by, the withe ring around the doorbell button lights up. The doorbell battery drain very fast. I am wondering if it’s possible to deactivate this proximity sensor? 

I think you can turn down the motion sensitivity (haven't tried it in a while).  You can certainly disarm it.

Poiram
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be nice if you can tell me how, I haven’t find. Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Poiram wrote:

It would be nice if you can tell me how, I haven’t find. Thanks

Click on the mode button in the app or web client, and then look at the rule for the audio doorbell.  If you can reduce motion sensitivity (or turn it off), then that's where it would be.  You might consider creating a new mode, and not editing "armed".

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Poiram
Aspirant
Aspirant

The link about the rules you sent me does not apply to the AAD1001 (not on the top list) and in "Mode" I can’t select the doorbell, it’s not ine the choice. In the parameters, there is nothing about the sensitivity. 

Iam using the apps, and if I try to use the web version, when I chose the audio doorbell, it tells me to use the Apps... 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

So what do you see when you press mode, and then look at the rules for the base station the doorbell is connected to?

CalmHunter
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

So what do you see when you press mode, and then look at the rules for the base station the doorbell is connected to?

If you can reduce motion sensitivity (or turn it off), then that's where it would be.  You might consider creating a new mode, and not editing "armed".

Childer1s
Initiate
Initiate

Motion sensor alerts you when the doorbell senses motion at close proximity FaceTime App.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation