Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
AndiSzJ
Guide
Guide

I turnedd on trigger alerts  on my doorbelle, but not able to  turn it off. tried on line, tried on several devices no luck. any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I want to update everyone that you should be able to turn off the "motion is detected" on your iOS devices with the latest Arlo app, which is version 2.7.10. Make sure to update to the latest version on your iOS devices.

UPDATE (2/25/2020): You should now be able to turn off the "motion is detected" on  the web client on your computer. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly what setting are you trying to change?

AndiSzJ
Guide
Guide

On the doorbell motion setting I turned it on, but I’m unable to turn it off. When I go to the motion settings under the doorbell, I checkmarked the motion trigger alerts . I’m unable to uncheck it. Hope this makes sense. Thx 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't change it in the web interface for some reason so use the app. That allows you to turn it on or off at will.

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the same issue and can’t turn off the motion detection “feature” of the doorbell (which is working well anyway).  It appears to be an “issue” (bug?) in both the iOS app and when using the browser based app.   Yes I do have the latest version of app and iOS.     I do also have the app installed on an Android device (also latest version) and the ability to turn motion detection on or off seems to be working in there.   

AndiSzJ
Guide
Guide

I did the same logged out on my Samsung phone so I have to agree it’s snug in the Apple app

AndiSzJ
Guide
Guide

same issue, worked on my Samsung phone, so it's definetly a glitch on the Apple application

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @AndiSzJ and @SteveArnold,

Are you saying that you can't uncheck the alert for "Push Notification" and "Email Alerts"? See screenshot below.

Motion Detection Doorbell.jpeg

AndiSzJ
Guide
Guide

hi, no, not those, i can't uncheck, please note, only on an iOS device, the Motion Triggered Alerts, the one you did not mention in your screen shot. thank you,

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried updating to the latest Arlo app version, which is 2.7.6, to see if that works? You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.7.6 - 4th April 2019

AndiSzJ
Guide
Guide

it just came out like two days ago... so no i have not, since i have not been alerted there is a new version

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

No.   I’m saying I can’t uncheck the top option on the page which is “Motion Triggered Alerts”.      It was working weeks ago but it no longer works.   This also doesn’t work when trying by using Chrome browser on my laptop.    Yes.   I have downloaded the most recent update of the app which is V2.7.6

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying for which one you cannot turn off. I have raised this up to the development team and they're currently looking into this. Once we hear with more information, we'll be sure to update the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Updating everyone here where unchecking the "Motion Triggered Alerts" will not trigger the motion detection to be turned off on the Arlo Audio Doorbell. This setting is used to turn on/off the notification alerts (push notifications and email notifications).

SShawen
Tutor
Tutor
I still cannot deactivate motion triggered alerts for my doorbells with the most updated Arlo app for iOS or on my laptop. Activated them last week before going out of town. Now cannot deactivate them.
Johnnyseko
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here on iphone app. I cannot uncheck (turn off) the “motion triggered alerts” for arlo doorbell.
SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue for me.   It seems to be an issue with numerous people in many of these threads.    It’s the same way in both the iOS app and if logging in via a browser on my laoptop.   On the browser version the option and checkbox is grayed out and you can’t click it.   Once you turn the option On you can’t turn it off.    I know I was able to uncheck that and turn off the option when I first got the doorbell a few months ago but not anymore.   I feel it became an issue in one of the more recent releases of the app.    I’ve reported it to arlo support but have not received a reply so maybe they don’t believe me.     

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Another update where our development team is looking into this issue where users are unable to disable the "motion is detected" for iOS. We'll be sure to inform the community when we hear any new information from our team.

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
The same is happening here as well but to clarify I have the Arlo Ultra base system. It has everything to do with that particular base I believe..
SShawen
Tutor
Tutor
I have 2 regular base stations on my system. Worked fine until this last time I turned on motion detection.
M4u
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem on my doorbell.

After I activated the motion trigger allert, I can't turn it off. The option is greyed in both the ios app and the website.

It's very important that you fix this bug because the battary draining with motion trigger always active is massive (I had to change the battery after three weeks of use!).

I attach the picture in italian.

Schermata 2019-04-27 alle 13.31.03.png

SShawen
Tutor
Tutor

Wow... how long will it take Arlo to fix this bug.  I have workers at the house and am tired of 40-50 alerts a day.  I called twice to customer support on Friday (3 May 2019) and they were uterly clueless concerning this issue (spent over 45 minutes on the phone).  They just told me that they action alert was the default for the doorbell and can't be changed.  Clueless.

If I had not invested over $1500 into this system between cameras, base stations, etc and did not depend on the doorbells (I replaced an old intercom system), they would be soooo gone.

Please fix this!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app to disable the motion setting. If you still want a video and/or notifications, just use the normal camera rules to detect, record and alarm, as appropriate.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I want to update everyone that you should be able to turn off the "motion is detected" on your iOS devices with the latest Arlo app, which is version 2.7.10. Make sure to update to the latest version on your iOS devices.

UPDATE (2/25/2020): You should now be able to turn off the "motion is detected" on  the web client on your computer. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this.

SteveArnold
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes....I can confirm that it's now working.   I upgraded last week and noticed that I can now disable motion using that check box option.    Thank You

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation