Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Chime stopped working suddenly

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Amer86
Follower
Follower

i have Arlo doorbell connected to existing chime, and it was working just fine for the past 7-8 months

suddenly it stopped ringing! i checked the setting nothing seems to be changed, how can i troubleshoot and know what is the issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amer86 wrote:

how can i troubleshoot and know what is the issue? 

One thing to try is disconnect the doorbell, and touch the two wires together - then see if the chime rings.

Kenneth968
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also same issue any suggestion for this so please reply. Thanks in advance.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
Blk84
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've discovered that the arlo unit itself isn't touching the two contact points on the mounting base anymore.  I can jump the two base contact points and the bell rings as it should.  If I put the arlo back on the base but don't push it all the way down and press the button, it rings like it used to.  I've cleaned the base contacts as well as taking a safety pin and pulling out the arlo doorbell contacts as well, but no luck with it fully seated in the mounting base.  Anyone else have a solution for this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Blk84

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation