Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shancake
Guide
Guide

Bit of a weird issue.

When I had my door bell paired to my Arlo Pro 2, it'd send me a camera  screenshot whenever when the doorbell detected motion.

I've now got my Arlo Ultra paired (and also set to record video) but not only do I not get a camera screenshot when motion is deteted, I don't even get a notification that motion has been detected. The recording shows up in my library still though.

The second I unpair my Ultra, I do get the standard "motion was detected on doorbell" notification with no image. 

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey shancake,

When you had your Arlo Pro 2 paired to your Arlo Audio Doorbell, did you also have your Arlo Pro 2 armed where it will notify you if the camera detects motion?

shancake
Guide
Guide
Yes, it was in the same spot.

When there’s no camera connected, my doorbell alerts me of motion, when there is a camera connected, I get no notification that there’s motion at the door. It still does record the movement though.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When pairing your Arlo Ultra with your Arlo Audio Doorbell, try to reboot your Base Station to see if that helps.

shancake
Guide
Guide

I guess the question is, what should it do?

If the doorbell detects motion as is paired to a camera, and the hub is in Disarmed mode, should it still send a notification?

This is what happens when the doorbell isn't paired to a camera (regardless of armed or disarmed mode). 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Regardless if your Base Station is disarmed, your Arlo Audio Doorbell will still detect motion and record video (if you added that to part of the rules) unless you turn off "Motion Triggered Alerts" through the motion settings for your Doorbell. 

When you have "Motion Triggered Alerts" enabled, it will only detect say "Motion is detected by [Your Arlo Audio Doorbell]" and will record video (if you set the rules to record video). However, it will send you a picture screenshot (if you have Arlo Smart subscription) if you have your Arlo cameras armed.

shancake
Guide
Guide

Yep, the second part of this is what's not happening. I'm never getting a screenshot saying "person detected at your front door" or any kind of notification from the audio doorbell, once I pair it with a camera and this renders both the doorbell and my $500 Ultra useless.

I don't get the notifcation until the camera has finished recording, which can be minutes and is after the person has already left.

When there was no camera paired the notification that someone was at the door would be sent IMMEDIETELY as soon as the doorbell lit up. Any ideas how to fix this?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation