Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I am no longer receiving calls

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kvlienen
Follower
Follower
We have not received any calls from the doorbell for two days.

We use the arlo doorbell with two android phones. With Android 11.

We now only receive notifications.

I can't find anything in the settings. Who has the solution for me?
12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove > re-install the Arlo app. Please make sure you  have the latest version of the app 3.2 installed.

Juzzie
Tutor
Tutor
Removed the app from my Galaxy S10 and my wife's iPhone 7 and reinstalled. On my S10 the app number is 3.2_28350. for the last few weeks I have had this problem which correlated with this versions release date. I only receive a notification that someone has pressed the doorbell, however there is no longer any ability to answer the call. This is frustratingly poor service as packages can't get delivered. On my wife's iPhone she does not receive any notifications whatsoever. We both have the latest system updates and the app has been downloaded after a restart just half an hour ago. Doing a search on here shows this has happened recently and was a problem behind the scenes with Arlo servers. How can this problem happen again?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Juzzie

What trouble shooting steps have you performed besides the reinstalation of the Arlo app? Have you tried rebooting your Audio Doorbell or resetting it? 

Juzzie
Tutor
Tutor
Changed batteries, tried all three switch settings and held down the sync button until it fast flashes when removing and re-adding the audio doorbell. I have a chime V1 also. That rings when the audio door bell button is pressed, but is if course no use when no one is home. The base station has also been reset. My phone has no problem receiving the alert however the doorbell button has to be pressed twice. The doorbell will not make any alerts on my phone with one press.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Juzzie

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

dwcc
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS why are you assuming we have done something wrong. I've had this question in with support for three weeks. It's something Arlo has done in a back end "improvement". I've literally reinstalled everything and like @Juzzie I've lost the ability to talk to people on my phone from the audio doorbell or see them in real time with the camera. It's something you have to fix. Not us.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dwcc wrote:

@ShayneS why are you assuming we have done something wrong.

FWIW, I don't see any such assumption here, and not sure why you are aiming at suggestions offered 2 weeks ago.

Contacting support is helpful even when the problem is a bug, since it does provide more data for Arlo.  Though I agree it is frustrating when there is no quick resolution.

dwcc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Because I'm still waiting for a response from support after spending hours on the phone troubleshooting the system live. The equipment does not do what it's supposed to do anymore and after reporting this it turns out that I was NOT the only person that is having issues with the audio doorbell, while working with the chime, and providing a push notification to the phone, is not initiating calls or providing a video preview for the Arlo camera that is by the front door. 

The standard 'turn it off and switch it back on' support message no matter which way you do it is not working for me and I was hoping that the community site might have had a similar problem with an up to date resolution. But it doesn't appear to be the case. So I have a $70 doorbell that has all the functionality of a $5 doorbell currently. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dwcc wrote:

Because I'm still waiting for a response from support  

I was NOT the only person that is having issues with the audio doorbell, while working with the chime, and providing a push notification to the phone, is not initiating calls or providing a video preview for the Arlo camera that is by the front door. 

I get the frustration with support and not having any resolution yet.

But I don't see any post in this thread where @ShayneS "blamed the user for doing something wrong". 

FWIW, often firmware issues don't affect all users.   So the usual troubleshooting steps are generally still worth trying (even though they feel like a waste of time).

Juzzie
Tutor
Tutor

@dwcc does your doorbell only send a notification if it is pressed twice? if i press mine once nothing happens.  I have had numerous messages from support asking to supply a number of info before even receiving a call.  I have an electric gate at my home and have to leave it open in the hope the mailman eneters and laves the packages at my actual front door.  my doorbell is under a shroud at the front gate.  I've been asked to switch logons between my wife and my phone which made no difference, she receives no alert whatsoever on her iphone and i continue to still only get a notification that someone pressed the doorbell but no ability to answer the call.  Arlo staff, get your act together.  Do not roll out software updates until you properly test your software.

Juzzie
Tutor
Tutor
Two weeks have passed after supplying logs and all information requested of me. Not one call received, or any emails. Has anyone heard anything about this?
dwcc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes @Juzzie. They got back to me and said they did a software patch to the base station in the UK and calls are now being relayed to my phone. However, the linked camera does not provide a live feed. Just the spinning circle of doom. That image you see in the screengrab is a cached capture as it was sunny and dry when I pressed the doorbell. 

Screenshot_20210526-113848_Arlo.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation